Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume that by being sponsors, they may finally have some rubber in the feild, anyone gotten to see them in action, yet? I've run their mountain bike tires, see their Street bike tires and the off road tires, and they've all rocked. AND they've all been dirt cheap. Maxxis has also always been very involved with the events they involve themselves in, how are they doing?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm curious to find out how those tires will hold up and perform. I pulled up Maxxis' site and theyre offering some good sizes.

37x12.5, 37x14.5, and 38.5x14.5. If these tires are any good at all, they outta get Goodyear and BFGoodrich to bring they're larger MTR and Krawlers to market sooner.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I remember when a Dick Cepec Ground Hogs Swamper were all the rage, Only Swampers are around in force, but this tire market is getting really crowded, which is good because of pricing but dang it seems they come out with a new one every week, and I have never herd of this maxi stuff, I thought it was the Tampon makers when I first saw the title.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
after we broke on friday we stayed around and watched the carnage. and the couple of rigs that had the Maxis on really impressed us. The tires seemed to hook up and stick really well. And we saw krawlers,MTRs,and the maxis all work in the same obstacles several time. I can't say they where any better but they didn't take A back seat to the other tires.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GPN Family said:
after we broke on friday we stayed around and watched the carnage. and the couple of rigs that had the Maxis on really impressed us. The tires seemed to hook up and stick really well. And we saw krawlers,MTRs,and the maxis all work in the same obstacles several time. I can't say they where any better but they didn't take A back seat to the other tires.
Cool, there's the info I'm looking for! Now, just to cure my curiosity, how do the SXs compare? For some reason, I feel the urge to obtain some nasty radials, either Parnellis or the Creepy Crawler from Maxxis, but what tire is more vicious than the SX(and don't say Bogger, please)?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I was fortunate to get a set of these tires last year from Maxxis @EJS. They are a bias ply, and as loud as crap. At the time all they had was 33x13.5. I air them down to about 7-8psi, and they stick to everything that I have thrown at them. The tread is real aggresive. They have seen all types of terrian, and weather out here in Colorado. If you have any quesstions feel free to PM me. :beer:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Maxxis Tire bought Gateway, AFAIK. The Gateway Tire stores around here sell maxxis mudders and all the ATV Maxxis Muzillas, etc.

The Maxxis's Buckshot mudders are all over the place around here... aside from wearing fairly fast, and being a typical non-agressive radial mudder tread, they're not bad tires.

Twisted, post those pics. 1bgdog, mail em to me and I'll post them if he doesnt. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.