Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. Just got word from my Commanding Officer that I may be posted soon - possibly this summer. It's doubtful I will be able to take my rig/trailer/tow rig with me, so I may be forced to sell.

The question is - what's it worth? I have no idea what to ask or even if it will sell.

Short story - Custom Rock Buggy - truck frame, tube body and sheet metal. SBC 350, SM465, NP203/D20 doubler, Chev D60 front, 14 Bolt rear, 4.10 gears lincoln locked both ends, 38" Michelin military tires (grooved).

Trailer - 16', dual 6000 lb axles

Tow Rig - 1978 F250 Super Cab camper Special, 400, NP435, NP205, RCD60 front, D60 rear, 4.10 gears

Parts - RCD44 3.55 open, D70 23 spline 4.56 gears open, Ford T-18, NP 205, and NP203.

Details/pics at:

Buggy:
http://www.rightcoastcrawler.com/billaVista/Wolf/Wolf.htm
and
http://www.rightcoastcrawler.com/billaVista/Buggy/Buggy.htm

Trailer:
http://www.rightcoastcrawler.com/billaVista/Trailer/Trailer.htm

Tow Rig:
http://www.rightcoastcrawler.com/billaVista/Tow_Rig/Tow_Rig.htm

What's it worth as a package? Any ideas? Please quote US or Cdn $.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
891 Posts
Don't sell it Dude.
Can't store it with friends or family till later?

·
Registered
18,896 Posts
Store it if ya can. All of those components are going to remain valuable, and it you will spend $$$ more to re-assemble the thing in the end.

Even if it takes 4 years, you can pull the thing out of storage and still have a modern, up-to-date rig with the stuff you have there.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I trailered my rig from Alaska to Virginia. Got paid for most of the weight too, I just didn't tell them what was on the trailer. If you are transfering overseas, the military should store one vehicle for you. Are you Canadian millitary, or U.S.? Canadian military may have different rules though. I would definately check with the relocations center, or transportation, and be informed on all of the rules and regulations.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, this is a very preliminary inquiry - thing's aren't cast in stone yet - hack, not even in wet Jello !

And most likely it wouldn't be till next year - but I wanted to make some preliminary inquiries for potential planning purposes.

I'm not panicking yet...and Charly - I'll pull every string I can to be at the Rockathon again this year - I can't wait to see your face on Slippery Creek :D

JR - My eye is doing very well.....surgeon recommended no restrictions whatsoever, and it tests at 20/20...but of course some pencil-neck in a cubicle in HQ has to make the final call, which they said would take 6-8 weeks about 9 weeks ago :rolleyes:

BUT, having said all that, and fully understandig you guys position that I shouldn't sell it (I agree, and only will if I HAVE to).....what's it worth? Perhaps it's not worth selling?

·
Registered
105 Posts
VERY cool rig! I highly doubt it's worth selling after figuring in fab time, and your emotional investment. On that note, I'll give ya $1,000 and a fifth of some fine "canadian" whiskey!;) Hold on to it man! Later,
Allan

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
my submarine pulled into halifax, nova scotia once for a few days, damn, i can barely recollect most of it, stay away from the canadian wiskey and titty bars:D

kool rig, keep it at a freinds or family.....................

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i don't know what it is worth but i do know somebody that would give ya 7k for it today. he is in the market for a trail rig and he has cash.

that said keep it. i know you are along ways away but i could arrange safe storage for it on my property stored in a container locked up .

oh and the 60stuff.com project is still on i just need to get in touch with via phone soon. pm me your phone #

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
BillaVista said:
Here's the deal. Just got word from my Commanding Officer that I may be posted soon - possibly this summer. It's doubtful I will be able to take my rig/trailer/tow rig with me, so I may be forced to sell.
Where are you going to be posted to? No matter where you go there is somewhere you can use that buggy, hang onto it.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Unfortunately, built rigs don't usually have a very big market, most people that reach that level of wheeling are building their own rigs or want to start from scratch. So, if this is a money thing, don't count on a very good offer, certainly not even close to the value of the components.

If you can pull it off, store it with a friend or family or simply store it, there are ways to prepare a rig for long-term storage to minimize the damage to it, and when you get back you'll probably have saved money in the long-run.

Just a thought, good luck with the deployment orders!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bill! For the love of God! Don't sell it!

Come on, you can leave at my place for as long as you want! I'll even take it out for ya and let it stretch its legs every now and then!

Don't even entertain the notion of selling it man. You'll regret it for life.

If you sell The Wolf... I'm NEVER bringing you any more American Mt. Dew!

OR any sandwhiches!

Boots

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
no bill, don't sell................:eek: .......... i just got my letter of acceptacne for school next year and i got accepted into kentville, into kings tec......... one of the things i can't wait for is wheeling some of the best trails in the province with you and chad............ and to get some hunitng in to:flipoff2: not leaving my guns home when i'm moving to a spot that has hunting atleast 3 times better than here........:D
ttyl.......
Mike

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sell it

Since you didn't build it, you should have very little emotional attachment to it. I would say just sell it and use the money to buy another one later. Just my .0002. :)

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it seems the "don't sells" have it by a wide margin!

Paul - know any people / action in the Winnipeg area?

Mud Magnet - congrats on the acceptance - I'll wheel with ya if I'm still here :)

Camo - pm inbound shortly

Boots - Oh, well then, I guess I'd have to refuse $50k if it meant no more Dew and sandwiches....wait a minute....you never DID make me a sandwich, fawker :flipoff2:

Since you didn't build it, you should have very little emotional attachment to it.
And clearly you don't know me, the rig, or the guy who originally built it (before I re-did the motor, brakes, suspension, paint, etc.), at all :rolleyes:

Booger - what boat were you on? You guys ususally tie-up on our side of the harbour (Shearwater). Course being an ASW helo we tend to believ "there's no such thing as a friendly submarine" :D Next time you'll have to give me a tour. Halifax sure is a fine port....I think behind only Endiborough, Dublin, and maybe St John's in # of pubs / square foot. All the university girls don't hurt any either !:D

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
BillaVista said:
Well, it seems the "don't sells" have it by a wide margin!

Paul - know any people / action in the Winnipeg area?
Send Rob Bryce(ryeguy) a PM, he grew up in Winnipeg and should be able to point you in the right direction. I've also seen some pictures before of some cool rock crawlin' a little further north.

What unit are you going to? What is your MOC?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts