Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a set of mazda hibrid springs. and i was wondering what bushing you guys are using. And are you useing toyota shackles. i have a set of toyota bushings but they are to small. I did a search but nothing comes up on what type of bushing to use. Will the mazda bushings work with a toyota shackle.

THANKS GUYS

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Am I the only one not seeing where he states which bushing to use. I had the same question when I did mine and never did get an answer. However, I only put mine together to move it and its not done yet and the gas tank side is sitting lower with an empty tank so I have to pull them and swap sides so I will swap them out then. So does anyone have an exact part number of the proper bushing?

edit: didnt see the second article first time I looked I guess they just used stock mazda bushings.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just talked to brain at front range offroad and he said to use a 1990 heep yj bushing, the one that goes in the frame for the shackle. and to find a different sleave that will fit in the bushing. this way you dont have to drill out your hanger mount and you can still use the toyota bolts and shackles.

·
Registered
680 Posts
As I remember I had a heck of a time with mine also. I just left the stock bushings in place in the front of the Mazda spring and just went to a 4x4 supply store that had alot of bushings and just tried everyone until I found the ones that fit the rear eye.
This will be your best bet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.