Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know if there is anyone stateside selling the t-case input gear from McNamara? My FJ62 input gear in sloppy and needs replacement.

Thanks...Don

·
Registered
154 Posts
So.. without taking the t-case apart what is the indication of slop in the spline/gear? I have a klink sound that is either r&p, drive shaft spline or the aforementioned, I have checked u-joints already. Maybe a group buy..

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Remove the transfer. Weld the existing output gear to the PTO spacer then weld both to the PTO drive gear. You have just made a McNamera gear for about $.40 in wire. I have done this a pile of times and have many thousands of miles on them with no problems at all.

Or

Spend a bunch of money to be able to say you have a McNamera gear.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok, so there is always a pto drive gear and not just a big spacer? The spacer has no splines, correct?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
spacer then drive gear, spacer is not splined and the PTO gear has rather short surface contact area onto the shaft; especially compared to the McNamera which will give you about 3.5" of new contact area.

To be afir the McNamera is a better set up but welding all the crap works really well and will work for a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts