Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

https://www.trail-gear.com/TG/CMSPages/verso-adapter.aspx

Looking to get rid of your chain-driven Tacoma t-case and want to upgrade to a gear-driven transfer case without the hassle of relocating other components? Trail-Gear has the answer to your problems with our new Verso™ T-Case Adapter. The Verso™ T-Case Adapter allows for the use of a gear-driven t-case with a driver-side drop front axle in your 95’-04’ Tacoma and 96’-04’ 4Runner.

The Verso™ T-Case Adapter is machined out of aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum for increased strength and durability. The Verso™ T-Case Adapter has added material around the idler gear bearing for additional strength. The Verso™ T-Case Adapter can be used in a single or dual case application. The Verso™ T-Case Adapter is also clocked for better clearance and giving you the ability to use a dual-case crossmember.

There are many reasons as to why you should replace your chain-driven t-case with a gear-driven t-case using our Verso™ T-Case Adapter:

More aftermarket gearing options giving you more control while wheeling
Additional strength over the chain-driven t-case
Allows for the use of a Dana 44 & Dana 60 front axle housing with a driver side drop.

Our Verso™ T-Case Adapter will also come in different options such as a single case and dual case configuration. Single transfer dual transfer case configurations feature a 4.70 low range gear set built with our very own Verso™ Transfer Case Adapter.

Each case is fully rebuilt and inspected. Triple drilled flanges are installed on both front and rear output. This Verso™ 4.70 Single Transfer Case and Dual Case is built with a 23-spline input gear added strength. Can be installed as a replacement to your stock chain driven transfer case or combined with a crawl box to create a dual transfer case. To go even further, we will include a Mechanical to Electrical Speedometer Adapter and a Single Transfer Case Shifter with this kit at no additional cost!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've been beating the hell out of my chain drive case for almost 100k miles. It's under a truck that weighs 5000lbs and it's holding up just fine. I'll stick to my inchworm doubler over this nonsense.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sooooo how much R&D did you guys do before thinking this dumb thing would sell? The chain cases aren't weak, and your 23 spline shaft is and always has been the weak point of toy cases......good luck lol

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
you guys dont get it. tg doesnt care about pirate or the people here. their target market are the people who are new to the sport and dont know of the drama. now they can sell more parts to the new wheelers who are doing sas on their tacomas.

·
Registered
34,184 Posts
you guys dont get it. tg doesnt care about pirate or the people here. their target market are the people who are new to the sport and dont know of the drama. now they can sell more parts to the new wheelers who are doing sas on their tacomas.
Technically... They did post it on pirate in more than one location....

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Shit the resale value of my lefty just went down!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
The beauty about a free market is if you don't like something don't buy it. The case looks great if you like shinny things. Back in 2000 I had a SA Tacoma that I broke my chain drive case on. When I pulled the case I had a huge crack in it. Not really sure if it happened over time or if it was a sudden thing. I ended up ditching the D44 i had up front and went with a D60 and changed it all over to pass drop. The lefty or this where not around yet and finding another donor chain drive case back then was spendy. I am sure there is somewhat of a market if a company like Trail-Gear decided to put something out there. Hopefully it was tested before they put it to market too as I know that tends to skip their process sometimes. I really appreciate how they have things in stock. I placed a large order the other day in the morning and it shipped that afternoon. I have never had anything close to that with some other companies which sucks because their products are great.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
If literally any other company would have released this Pirate would be singing their praises...

Some people may want to swap a single 4.7 case into their relatively stock taco/runner, and have no driveshaft, crossmember, or interior mods...

If it doesn't sell, natural selection will vet it out...

The case looks beefy as he'll though, which should help keep the gears alive compared to a stock case that busts open.

I'd like to have a single case for my little Tacoma DD/fishing truck/mild trail, which is just a stock truck with a lunchbox locker in the front, open rear, winch, and 31 mts... A single 4.7 case would put me right where I want to be with it, without doing any "custom" mods... Yeah, not pirate worthy, but whatever, I have other rigs to climb big rocks and bash up

[/URL

·
Registered
344 Posts
Whats the price point on a 4.7 case and adapter looking to be around? If it cheaper than other options, and more available then this will sell. Most ifs or sas Tacoma guys would love this due to the fact you don't have to have the down time of drive shaft mods and the other work involved in going dual's on a Taco. Not everybody has pirate worthy builds. There's a metric shit ton of mild wheelers who could use the extra gearing.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
The other advantage of the gear drive case (why I built my lefty) is the longer input. I stripped out my chain drive input behind my crawler due to fretting. The longer input (and marlin total spline) prevents it. In reality I should have just bought a 4spd atlas since my dual/lefty combo stuffed full of marlin chromo goodness wasn't that much cheaper. I think that's why the lefty flopped, it was crazy expensive especially if you bought the pre built unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been pretty happy with my lefty. Bought it back when you could buy the cases and swap in your own stuff. It was about the same $ to go that route with 4.7s as it was the doubler setup with drive line mods and crossmember stuff.
I guess time will tell how the TG knock off holds up.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
if no one is going to continue to make & offer it, I wonder who actually owns the design rights for the lefty?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
For you new guys, jim ( " Inchworm " made the prototype )
sold to low range, trailmart swallowed Low Range.
Realizing a 2sp atlas is a few hundred bucks more and outselling their junk production values (my .02) they stopped production.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts