Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to wheeling and would like to get together with other locals from time to time to BS and wrench on each others rigs. I'm in Mt Vernon, WA and know there's gotta be more wheelers around me.

Adam

My 99 Ram 2500

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in Woolley but my truck is down South in Auburn. There are a lot of farmer kids trucks and just the local lumber jack kid street lift Toyota's around here. Done some snow wheeling up by concrete but haven't heard of much else out here.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm new to the area over in Oak Harbor and can tell you there's not much around.... if you want to keep your body panels straight. If you're in Mt Vernon you're only a stone's throw from the only local wheeling spot. It's called Walker Valley and it's just a little east of Mt Vernon. It's only an hour from Oak Harbor so you're probably only 20 minutes away. Gotta have a Discover Pass to legally drive around in there.

Again though, a full-sized truck with a straight body will not fare well there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If anyone wants to chill and such my house is always open or I can travel. Yeah, I've heard of Walker Valley. It's about 10 minutes from me. Good to hear about the pass. And yes I do want to keep my truck fairly straight.

Lethe, I just joined, thanks. Same user name.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am in skagit.

Still finishing my mj so i can hit the snow this winter.

I machine, weld and bend. Pm if ya need help on somthin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey honestabe there are some great wheeling/trail exploring up around darrington and towards concrete, I try to go as often as i can with my buddys and we are out there for awhile only thing is u will get scraps on your truck and i know u will rip those steps off but if u ever want to go with us just pm me and we can go on a weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eh, it's a truck. I'll Line-X the body eventually so it's whatever lol. I can take the steps off easily and quickly. Gotta rebuild my front diff and get my 4WD shifter fixed first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well when u get her fixed up let me know we go on saturdays so if we break down we have the weekend to get it home lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do. I have the parts, just waiting on one of my mechanics to have the time. And then it's a matter of getting a Saturday off lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in sedro Woolley and there are lots of back roads to hit and a few places to wheel walker valley in big lake ,caskey lake up south skagit hwy and a few other mud holes

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey I got your pm. I contact you tomorrow. Took a break from the jeep an the internet .

On another note just got my 16 inch travel fox 2.0 shocks. Once my shock hoops come I will be on posting some build pics

·
Registered
22 Posts
i grew up in sedro and the surrounding areas but had to get out of the black hole. work currently has me down in lynnwood. i recently moved back to the PNW after spending a few years in kansas city and phoenix.

as an avid steelhead fisherman, i discover a place out near Reiters pond of hwy 2 just outside goldbar. it looks like its all closed up but from time to time i see trucks back there. does anyone have info on the legality of being out there. also, hows johnson's bar (Gardiner boat launch) these days?

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
i discover a place out near Reiters pond of hwy 2 just outside goldbar. it looks like its all closed up but from time to time i see trucks back there. does anyone have info on the legality of being out there. also, hows johnson's bar (Gardiner boat launch) these days?
The old Reiter 4x4 trails were closed a couple years ago. The DNR and volunteers are building a new ORV trail system that is legal and now open on weekends. Its under construction but a few trails are done. They are technical rock crawling trails.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i grew up in sedro and the surrounding areas but had to get out of the black hole. work currently has me down in lynnwood. i recently moved back to the PNW after spending a few years in kansas city and phoenix.

as an avid steelhead fisherman, i discover a place out near Reiters pond of hwy 2 just outside goldbar. it looks like its all closed up but from time to time i see trucks back there. does anyone have info on the legality of being out there. also, hows johnson's bar (Gardiner boat launch) these days?
There is a very small trail system still there that doesn't look like it gets much use. Probably mostly fishermen getting away from the crowd, and this being a humpy year will get used.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts