Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Metal-tech’s new 4x bigger shop/warehouse

What takes 2 loaded supper duties w/ 20’ trailers and two loads of a 24’ commercial lift gate truck? Moving Metal-tech in to the new larger shop/warehouse space!

Huge thank you to the eight volunteers (And 6 kids!) that gave up a sunny October Saturday and some on Sunday to help move MT.

Da Volunteers and what they drive:
Brian (Guyute on POR): 40, 55, 80, +mini
Kevin (POR lurker): 40x2
Erica: 55
Rutherford: 40
Travis: 40,+mini
Chad: (still looking for his new mini)
Jerry: (Father in law, thinks we are all nuts)
John: (looking for his new 40)

Sorry no photos yet, every thing is just stacked up for now, I have a lot of organizing to do. The new material racks are late so I now get to move all my stocked steel again once they are assembled and bolted to the floor. (Big thanks to Travis for talking me into moving my old home made racks just incase! So at least the tube is off the floor.) The big thing for me is now having the warehouse space to be able to stock all the MT products. (= faster shipping)

In wanting to share this I went ahead and popped for the yellow star. Now I can again comfortably share projects I am working on. (Even if its not for MT, like my own junk) Also the added space gives me a large area to just keep my personal trail rig and work on it as I can. Being in the industrial location also lets me run dry cut chop saws and cranked White Zombie at 3 AM, ahhhh.

Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
Work on your own junk? Yah. That's a good one...LoL

No problem and congrats on the new space.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeeeee Haaaaaa

Now you have some elbow room..........

So get us some pics of the new place.

All the best in the new space.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
how bout some pics?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Congrats Mark! I love to see good things happen for good people...

:beer:

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
congrats!
always nice to see a cruiser shop do well enough to expand! or maybe you're charging too much?! :flipoff2:

keep up the good work. maybe we'll check the place out next year at "cruising in the woods". :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Cool, can't wait to see it on my next trip to PDX!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Good deal on the new shop but just how in the hell can you get your shipping faster than it already is?

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Congrads Mark! The old 'facility' was definitely 'family friendly.' Hope you didn't have to move too far!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congratulations Mark on the new place I hope it works out well for you. It is niced to see a cool guy like yourelf doing well.

I hopev you the best of luck at the new pad. I need to get over tot the valley and gets some stuff from you if I can ever get some time into my schedule.

E

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Mark, glad to hear everything worked out good. Any new plans?

Side: I got my bummper all done but havent started on the fenders. Looks good.

Thanks for the good work

Justin

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys. Yes good to have good friends that helped with the move. Heck I sent the e-mail out just two days before the move day too. I will get some photos out once I get things organized a bit.

Yes Mark AKA: 65SWB45 saw it coming after seeing first hand how small of an area I have been working out of. But no huge mark ups planed at all, prices do need to go up a bit soon just due to steel prices and the cost of fuel making deliveries go up in cost. The goal still is to provide the best possible product at the best price.

Specials? Sure! Order now before I raise the price due to quality US Made steel tube skyrocketing! No no, real specials:

Specials:
Free set of handles with a Full Profile Cage purchase
Stinger kits (Normally $39.95) half price w/ the purchase of a Nose Guard kit

Valid all October if you tell me you saw this on POR.

Mark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts