Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a company in Northern CA that builds metal trusses like this

Only thing I've been able to find so far is companys that build full on metal shops, not trusses for pole barns.....

I can find them all over on the east coast, but freight kills the deal....

One of you guys have to know a company that makes these

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
No one in Nor Cal manufactures those. You might get a shop to build a short run of them, but no one is mass producing them.

I believe the closest manufacturer of those style truss's is in Fallon NV or maybe Sparks NV, I can't remember exactly where we ordered them from. I can get the name of the place today or tomorrow when I talk to my old man.

*edit*

The company is in Henderson NV, Its called RDRC.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Make those out of 2" angle 1/4" thick. ironworker is your freind. cut burn together the first one to use as a jig. not even hard....
The jig is also used as a truss too..

--good luck..

--Sherpa

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Make those out of 2" angle 1/4" thick. ironworker is your freind. cut burn together the first one to use as a jig. not even hard....

--good luck..

--Sherpa
If I wasn't still recovering from surgery, I was going to suggest having my shop do exactly this.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
doesnt look to complicated to make
get a welder and a few thousand feet of square tube and make a jig and be done with it

--good luck..

--Sherpa
If you have the means to build them yourself then do this. I would anyway. Interested in the price for them if it's close to a wash of material costs

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
If you have the means to build them yourself then do this. I would anyway. Interested in the price for them if it's close to a wash of material costs
I can't remember what my old man paid for them. We used them as part of a few pre-engineered buildings that we put up on a couple dairies in Fallon NV.

We just didn't have a place to build them on site, it was much more economical to buy them, especially since they were so close to the site.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
You could try calling all metals or metal works in Oroville, farwest steel will build just about anything you want. In Chico, we have Tomas welding and a place called I think, Valley fabrication (Pacific water jet is under the same owners if that's not right)

Are they hard to find because pole barns won't pass code? (serious question, I have heard that, but don't know if it's true)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Are they hard to find because pole barns won't pass code? (serious question, I have heard that, but don't know if it's true)
The few shops that I know build them, they just build bar and angle trusses, and maybe a few other pole barn/commercial building pieces. It's so easy to set up jigs and pay guys minimum wage to build them and nothing else and still make money.

The company I mentioned earlier in Henderson pretty much just manufactures them. R and M in Nampa ID, probably 75% of their business is bar and angle trusses. There's several other companies in ID that build them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to find a company in Northern CA that builds metal trusses like this

Only thing I've been able to find so far is companys that build full on metal shops, not trusses for pole barns.....

I can find them all over on the east coast, but freight kills the deal....

One of you guys have to know a company that makes these
Did you end up succeeding with the steel trusses? I am in the same boat....wanting the steel truss kits that are offered all over the East Coast but not here. I tried reaching out to the suggested Henderson, NV company but they said they did not do steel trusses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts