Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched but i didnt find much.

i am looking at a set of michelin 11.00r16s the max speed is 62. does anyone who run these exceed the limit? looks like a great tire, the max speed is all im worried about because i like doing 70 on the high way. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The max speed is taken into consideration when the tire has its fullly rated load on it, at max PSI. Depending on what rig you are running, this shouldnt be an issue. I run 335 80 R20 XZLs, rated at 62, on the highway, and I run 65 all day long, in an 8000lb F350, and alot of this time is spent towing 8k. The rating is on the tire for the weight factor. With a much lighter weight, less heat will be generated, and a higher speed can be maintained. The thing to remember is, tire wear will increase exponentially with speed, so running 70 is about as fast as you would want to go before the tires scrub down rather quickly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they would be on my s10 which is very light.

do they wear very fast compared to a bias swamper?

i do a lot of driving around town with is like 35-55 so they would be good but i do go on the highway from time to time and i like to keep up so they would be good for me.

also how do they ride. my light s10 really feels unbalanced tires.

thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
I run my 11R16 XLs un balanced and in town or on the freeway they run smooth.

I run pretty much rocks only and they kick ass but,I have cut two sidewalls in 3 trips and now Im looking for another set of tires :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
I thought the same thing :D The sidewalls are hella thick,just not real strong.I can measure exactly how thick if ya want :p

No,they are a tubeless tire.

·
Registered
703 Posts
After looking at the pic,the second tire that I got a hole in the sidewall looks similar to those.Mine has one or two long cuts in the sidewall going from the center out.Now that I think about it,that same tire has some light cracking in the tread too.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
FRIZZLEFRY said:
After looking at the pic,the second tire that I got a hole in the sidewall looks similar to those.Mine has one or two long cuts in the sidewall going from the center out.Now that I think about it,that same tire has some light cracking in the tread too.
Sounds like trouble. Where did you get the tires from?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I got them from a guy who gottem from a guy who got them from a surplus place back east I think :p .Dunno exactly where they came from.

I just found these on Ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts