Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you all refer me to Daniel and Co., I need the smallish (7.50/8.25 R16) XZL's, not the huge 53" monsters. I've searched and researched everywhere, and I can't find a US source for these tires. Is there a Canadian hookup for cheapish XZL's? I recall one of the Alaskan guys (Arron??) running them, but I can't find his thread on where he got them.

Come on guys, I need some badass tow/trail tires!!

Matt

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rover, thanks for the link, I've not seen that one before.
OS, I looked there, apparently all they have are the 9.00R16's. I can't/won't be going that large.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
check out john351c he is da man. just ordered my 53" from him and he has alot of other sizes

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Camo. I keep finding poeple that say they have the XZL's, but only in the 9R16. I guess the smaller sizes aren't as available :confused:
Keep the good hookups coming :D

Matt

·
Registered
891 Posts
the smaller sizes might be european sizes. the XCL is the exact same tire as the XL but it's comes in 6.5R16 and 8.25R16 and is the european "version"...

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I need the smallish (7.50/8.25 R16) XZL's,
I'm pretty sure you are not going to find those sizes sold in the US market, only the European market. Looked in the OEM Michelin catalog at my work and they are not even listed.

You might be able to find an exporter for them, but I'm guessing very expensive.:eek:

Eric

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can get them, they are just hard to find. I have a few friends with the 8.25's, but they cant get them now. I heard that the government is buying all of them ....

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Mick---> Check out www.rockbuggysupply.com, go to FORUMS and then into the For Sale section. One of the cats on there had a BUTTLOAD of big rubbers. I don't know if anything in there was what you were looking for, but the prices were right. What size(in inches) are the ones you're looking for, anyway? I'm hunting the market for something new, and not finding the "perfect one."
BTW, here's my cell, when you get to Yankton, call me!
660-1092

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A friend priced 7.50-16 XZYs at Sears. Half an hour arguing with the sales drone he was quoted $250 each.

(XZY, mild tread load range G.)

If you can get a part number (search the LCML archives) any michelin truck dealer should be able to get them. Nothing else the guys at expeditionexchance knows where to get them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Camo. I keep finding poeple that say they have the XZL's, but only in the 9R16. I guess the smaller sizes aren't as available :confused:
Keep the good hookups coming :D

Matt
Can I bring alive an old thread???

Mick, did you ever find any 8.25r16's? I'm looking for the same. No power steering on 35" daily driver I'd like to go narrower than 255/85r16's

I heard the 8.25r16's are about a 235/100r16? narrower and taller than a 255/85r16?

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Can I bring alive an old thread???

Mick, did you ever find any 8.25r16's? I'm looking for the same. No power steering on 35" daily driver I'd like to go narrower than 255/85r16's

I heard the 8.25r16's are about a 235/100r16? narrower and taller than a 255/85r16?
try private messaging him if hes even active anymore on the forum vs reviving an old thread... next time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts