Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting some Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials soon and was just wondering if anyone knew their street life? Is it as good as a BFG mud terrain. It isnt my daily driver, but I still drive it around town every now and then, plus to all the trails. Just wondering if they have good street wear. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i have about 3000 road miles on mine (to and from the trails). and they seem to be holding up very well. they are pretty soft compound, so i don't think they would last as long as a BFG mud. that being said they are also a more capable offroad tire IMO (esp for rock and general trail use).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Loved my old Claws, but they wear fast. I had noticable wear in 1500 miles, and sold them with 2/3 tread left with less than 3000 miles. Fantastic trail tire, though.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've been running mine for about a year. I've got about 15k miles on them and there's probably 60-70% tread left. This is my DD.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you all have the claw radials? The radials I have heard don't wear too fast. I am planning on driving from California to Moab in a few months and don't want to have bald tires by the time I return.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i run them on my dd and i love thier off road capabilites.. very good tire. also i have run 9000 mi on a set and still had half tread(pretty much all road miles on this first set) and on my current set i have about 3000 mi on them with alot of offroad time on them.. they are around 70-80% tread left. very soft tread compound.. great tire:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have the radial claws in a 33" size on my YJ with stock drivetrain, 6" lift. jeep is my DD and still lots of tread %70 after 9k miles. great tires, on my second set now and would get them again when these wear out. on a heavier rig they would wear alot faster

·
Registered
34 Posts
keep it alligned & you should be fine,, but knock somthing outta wack & you could do some serious ware within a few hundred miles,,I found out the hard way.:shaking:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have Baja Claws on my show Jeep (Warn Commerciel 2005). They look super sweet (yes they are the radial) and on the street they are realy not that loud. But off camber wheeling is not very good. I have broke more parts because of these tires slidding off stuff then they are worth. I only rock crawl and trail ride OK in the deep mud I do not know. They look great and wear on the pavement great but I would not buy anouther set.

The Pimp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts