Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here go's I'll try and keep up on this build as much as I can.. I should have this thing done by the end of December.. I am building the whole thing in my gerage with minimal tools and no outside help..

Specs

:Chassie 120 wall dom
:Engine 92 ford 5.0
:c4
:T-case NP 231 SYE 4to1 low
:Axles ford 9" F/R 6.50 R&P
:Tires 39.5 Irocks on 17" beadlocks
:Steering full hydro

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Damn, i like the attention to detail, looks sick, now i really cant wait to see it when its done.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks very nice. I like the mid engine idea. Your jack stands need more triangulation. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
my understanding is that a mid-engine means the engine is mounted next to or behind the driver, and the tranny is still behind that. a rear engine would be if the engine is next to or behind the driver, and the tranny is in front of the engine....

which is yours? (is my terminology correct?)

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
BrettM said:
my understanding is that a mid-engine means the engine is mounted next to or behind the driver, and the tranny is still behind that. a rear engine would be if the engine is next to or behind the driver, and the tranny is in front of the engine....

which is yours? (is my terminology correct?)

I believe a rear engine vehicle has the engine behind the rear axle and a mid engine vehicle has the engine in front of the rear axle. Both are behind the driver.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like a good start, will it be a two or single seater? A picture from the front of the frame would be appreciated. Looks like with the lower frame work that it's a two seater.

Thanks
Rusty

·
Registered
77 Posts
desertCJ said:
I believe a rear engine vehicle has the engine behind the rear axle and a mid engine vehicle has the engine in front of the rear axle. Both are behind the driver.

correct..

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
desertCJ said:
Yes

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks to be a nice build up! Keep the pictures coming. Where in central Ca are you at? Los Banos

Why are you going midship? Better visibility, Better balance, High pinion out of low pinion strange nodular therd members that i already have, and it's something i have not done yet:)

Looks like a good start, will it be a two or single seater? A picture from the front of the frame would be appreciated. Looks like with the lower frame work that it's a two seater. This is a trail rig so it will be a two seater.

which is yours? (is my terminology correct?) You lost me, but mid engine is having the power plant behind or next to the driver and the tranny/ t-case under or next to the driver..

1 - 20 of 404 Posts