Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering what patterns you all use for the different welding positions.
I searched but didn't come up with what I was looking for.

I've found that if I'm welding flat I can use a weave pattern and it turns out just fine. If I'm welding horizontal a D pattern seems work work pretty good. On a vertical down a fast zig-zag works pretty good.

At this point I cannot for the life of me get a good vertical up. Well actually i can get maybe 1 out of 5, trying a fast weave and also a fast zig-zag and also noticed that turning the voltage and wire speed down a bit seems to prevent popping a hole right through the metal on the vertical up's

Have yet to try overhead.

Any suggestions on what patterns to run for the different positions?

Flame away!

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Really appreciate the advice. I'm trying any and all joints in as many positions as I can get into. Pretty much just practicing any and everything as much as possible before I start in on the daily driver.

So a vertical up should turn the voltage down a bit and try a V pattern with a large tack.
Overhead turn the wire speed down a bit.

I'll play with it a bit and see what I come up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.