Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Not sure if this is the right place, but I gotta start somewhere.

I recently started working on a Mighty Mits (1992, 2wd) and it has a few issues. First, it sounds like there's a zip-tie hitting the fan. I don't see anything obvious, but I'll keep looking.

Second, the idle goes low enough to stall out once it's up to temp. I can adjust the idle so it stays up, but I'd like to do it the right way eventually. Other threads on other cars mentioned the IAC, but it's not on this engine. I'll eventually do a carb rebuild once I find parts and gaskets.

I'll probably find stuff as I dig deeper into this project. I'm just seeing if anyone else has worked with these micro-trucks (or other 3-cyl Mitsubishi engines).

·
Registered
507 Posts
2.4L engine has FI and a timing belt driven water pump. The 'zz' noise could be the pump impeller, or a loose fan on the metal mount.

The IAC is located at the engine end of the air intake hose.

There are active pages on Facebook for your information. Also, check out Adventure Driven Design (adventuredrivendesign.com) and 4x4Wire (4x4wire.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/20/1/Mitsubishi_4x4_and_SUV_Tech.html) for the locations of the actual Mitsubishi truck people.

Cheers,
Russell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts