Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have decided to part ways with my CJ-10a Flightline Tow Tractor, and focus on other financial & Jeep priorities. You can view my comprehensive build thread HERE. There is also a lot of general CJ-10a history information in THIS TECH THREAD.

This tug is 95%+ rust-free. There are two very small holes in the passenger floorboard; one is the size of a pea, and one is about the diameter of my thumb. Both are an easy fix, and it's in amazing shape for the age. The frame is completely rust-free. The only mentionable rust is in the 50-year-old M-416 trailer bed floor. I planned on using it as-is for a year or two, then replacing the floor. I do have some nice replacement metal options that I can discuss with the buyer.

This is not a highway vehicle per se (due to the welded diff and bias-ply Swampers), but it drives nice & straight down the road, even up to 65 mph. This is without a steering dampener, and with the front swaybar disconnected. I have driven it on short stretches of highway, but mostly I have just driven it back & forth to work on surface streets a couple dozen times.

I got over 20 mpg around town, even with the unbalanced 34" bias-ply Swampers. :thumb: I'm sure the mileage would be even better with a more street-friendly all-terrain tire.

Vehicle highlights:
  • CJ-10a 1/2 tub (99% rust-free)
  • Full hard doors
  • Removeable 1/2 steel hardtop
  • Rare 60/40 split bench seat with no tears
  • Auto tilt steering column
  • Rust free frame. Note that this is not a typical CJ frame, but rather a Full-size Jeep (FSJ) frame (only 50% thicker). Full-size axles will bolt into the front of this, if you're considering swapping in a set of old-school F-250 axles, for example. There is no need to outboard springs to accomplish this with this frame.
  • Nissan SD-33 6-cyl. diesel motor: 23K miles, runs great.
  • TF-727 auto transmission
  • Jeep NP-208 T-case: Works great, heavy-duty t-case from a full-size Jeep.
  • 4-wheel power disc brakes...stops on a dime
  • Professionally-rebuilt (by 2 Track Minds Offroad) Grand Wagoneer Dana 44 front axle (all new parts except low-mileage used ring & pinion)...$2000 rebuild (have receipt)
    • Low-mileage take-out Rubicon 4.10 R&P
    • Dana 44 install kit
    • Seals
    • Bearings/races
    • U-joints
    • Warn Premium Lock-out Hubs
    • Calipers
    • Pads
    • Rotors
    • Wheel Studs
    • Differential Cover
  • Isuzu Rodeo Dana 44 rear axle: 4.10 gears, rear disc brakes, 6 x 5.5" lug pattern, and it's ~58" wide WMS-to-WMS. Rear was welded by JCR Offroad.
  • Professionally-rebuilt front & rear driveshafts (D&R Driveline in Jenison, MI)
  • Black 15" x 7" "steelie" wheels (blasted, POR-15'd, and topcoated with Krylon)
  • NEW (5) 34" x 9.5" TSL Swampers: Tires have 95-98% tread, and have only been wheeled once (no cuts). Spare was not new, but is in excellent condition.
  • NEW RCI 15-gallon fuel cell from Summit Racing
  • NEW Waggy front springs (2) for the rear of the Jeep.
  • NEW BJs Offroad H.D. front lift shackles
  • Shortened M-416 military trailer bed
  • 95.5" wheelbase (~1.5" longer than a CJ-7)
  • Rear bumper/crossmember, rear suspension fabwork professionally done by JCR Offroad.
  • Pintle hitch mounted to stock front bumper (not installed in pics below)
  • Once I get done scanning the hard copy, I can provide a complete CJ-10a Air Force Service/Parts manual on CD. This manual is invaluable for parts/service information.

Located 15 minutes west of Grand Rapids, Michigan.

$6000 I'm just looking for cash; no trades. I have enough Jeeps & Jeep parts laying around already. :laughing:

NOTE: If you want bucket seats instead of the 60/40 split bench seat, we can negotiate a slightly lower price. I also have a Meyer Power Angle plow from my other '10a that will bolt onto this that I'd sell for a few hundred bucks more.

Thanks,
Craig

NOTE: I now have lower door hinges that match the Forrest Green military paint.

Video from trial run at Trail Junkie's test course:

What it looked like originally:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts