Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it was only one of them, I'd be skeptical and say it was a one-off custom conversion, but *two* of them? Must have been ordered by the Japanese military...SWEET!!!!

Oh, before someone asks, I shamelessly pilfered these from a Japanese website.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
wow, those are way cool. interesting that one is rh drive and the topless one is lh drive....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
60seriesguy said:
Last one! Screw the fire truck, I want one of THESE! :)
I guestion it as factory, the USM on the rear bumperette doesn't make much sense for a Japanese truck.....does it? BUT it doesn't make much sense anyway...VERY COOL :)

another item, both have stereo's! not very mil spec ;)

one has rear winch.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The markings could have been added later, along with the stereos. The FJ55 was available as a cab/chassis version in Japan, ready for fire truck conversions, so it's highly conceivable that they could have been adapted in some form by the Japanese military.

As for the LHD, maybe they were available for use by other countries?

I can't say for certain that these are not one-off conversions. Some things are suspect, like the snorkel coming out of the wimpy side vent, or the fact that there are two different types of lights. But there are also a lot of parts that look purpose-built, especially on the dash.

In any case, they are VERY COOL! :)

And Nolen, there's no honor among thieves, pilfer away! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I think the makers of the site might be able to shed some light on the mil spec 55. It looks like they want contact with US Cruiserheads...
http://homepage2.nifty.com/fj_performance/

if you dig around on the site you will find US 55's that most will recogize :)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
60seriesguy said:
Good luck with the translating, though...whew!
it's not so bad thu Babel Fish.

they must have some contacts in the US, they sell TLCA Calenders, the Ebay stainless battery trays, something from JT Outfitter. But this is just tool cool!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts