Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now heard this from several people.

A guy from the health department came into my local grocery store today and apparently told the manager there that a 14 day shut down is coming on Monday. This is a second hand story from a very sweet little lady I know who runs the deli.

Someone posted yesterday about some special paperwork given to a guy at the sanitation or water department to get him through road blocks?

So anyone else heard something about this?

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yes, I posted this in the Cali shut down thread, source from sheriff dept dept.

Someone else posted a photo of NG in a Target lot in Orange County

Will be interesting.

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
if anything, your state may be preparing for a bullshit shelter in place, like CA has done.

long and short, no, the national guard isn't going to impose the restriction.

as with any threat of this type, it will be your neighbors and local police who will inflict the most damage.

always remember, 90% of violent crime is done by somebody who is well known to the victim.

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
I wonder if the .gov plans to use OnStar, etc. to disable vehicles?
that would be hilarious and i would be so happy :laughing: :laughing:

probably won't, but still.

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
No. If I need to I can walk 3 blocks and buy a half rack of teh Corona or Corona Lite. Pick up some fresh limes. In California in a shutdown County in the shutdown State. WTF are you all babbling about ?

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
No. If I need to I can walk 3 blocks and buy a half rack of teh Corona or Corona Lite. Pick up some fresh limes. In California in a shutdown County in the shutdown State. WTF are you all babbling about ?
fines inbound next week :nuke: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
This was sent out to workers down at NASSCO shipyard. I thought it was a little much considering cops aren’t stopping people for being outside.
This is 'just in case' as the weeks go on, they will tighten up when people don't do what they have been asked to do....

I have one just like it. I don't expect to use it, but if I get pulled over and asked where I'm going, present it and the discussion is complete. no big deal.

If I'm out getting food or worse, if I'm out fucking around, well, I'll deserve the ticket.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Get thousands of military together to stop people from going outside. :homer:

Sounds like government at it's finest.

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
Get thousands of military together to stop people from going outside. :homer:

Sounds like government at it's finest.
They are crowded together in lines waiting for their turn to enter the limited entry COSTCO to binge buy ass wipe.

https://covid19.ca.gov/

Copy paste from teh horse's mouth.....
Everyone is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, keep at least 6 feet of distance.
. .. . except to get get food . .. . No one is going to get pulled over for anything out of the normal .......

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeahhh, so can I at the moment. So far this has only impacted my ability to get parts from Mopar. What I'm asking is has anyone seen or heard of evidence to support that further measures are being taken this coming week.

The grocery store that's a 1/4 mile away, that services the greater part of the rural community I live in, is being ordered by the health department to close on Monday, march 23rd for 14 days.

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
They are crowded together in lines waiting for their turn to enter the limited entry COSTCO to binge buy ass wipe.

https://covid19.ca.gov/

Copy paste from teh horse's mouth.....

. .. . except to get get food . .. . No one is going to get pulled over for anything out of the normal .......
You must have missed the memo, now tons of people are trying to return the thousands of rolls of ass-wipe and hand sanitizer they bought but the stores aren't doing refunds.

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
Yeahhh, so can I at the moment. So far this has only impacted my ability to get parts from Mopar. What I'm asking is has anyone seen or heard of evidence to support that further measures are being taken this coming week.

The grocery store that's a 1/4 mile away, that services the greater part of the rural community I live in, is being ordered by the health department to close on Monday, march 23rd for 14 days.
What issues are you having with Mopar? Everything for me is operating normally with the exception of the PDCs suspending the Will Call/Pick Up ability for dealers who are used to picking up their orders instead of having them delivered through the DDS.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts