Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 351 Posts

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
Here is a question. If i bought one of these bobbed do you think it could make the ultimate road trip to northern idaho with out too many issues?
If the truck is in decent shape, I wouldnt hesitate to drive it long distance. Check all fluids, lights, tires etc before leaving out and do a basic check every time you stop for fuel. I drove one 1,200 miles from Indiana back to Houston. I neglected to check the oil level in the trans and toasted the rear output bearing 200 miles from home.. I found a complete 3053a trans to swap in for $100 though. Parts are readily available for these trucks and prices are not bad.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
do they come with a dump bed? or do you have one with a dump?
No dump.. but one of my customers converted one to a custom dumpbed. It came out really nice too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ever get ahold of any of the 18" bed models (M36A2)?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Ever get ahold of any of the 18" bed models (M36A2)?

I have seen a couple, but never have owned one.

I think they have the same wheelbase---- If you want one, I can build a bed to fit!!! I have extra beds and frames and fab skills that you just would not believe.....!!!:grinpimp:LOL

Seriously though- I can build one.:smokin:

·
Registered
349 Posts
My buddy and I have a scheme for a project to get ahold of the longer frame Deuce and strip the body and put a '79 Ford front clip and extended cab on it and cut and weld 2 beds together to make it look like a factory 2 1/2 ton Ford.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My buddy and I have a scheme for a project to get ahold of the longer frame Deuce and strip the body and put a '79 Ford front clip and extended cab on it and cut and weld 2 beds together to make it look like a factory 2 1/2 ton Ford.
I just want to let you know.... that you sound like a blathering idiot:flipoff2:

Kind of funny how we both found the same post:D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks. I see that you are from southern Ohio as well, yet type it as such.

EDIT: Johnson.......you are a poopdick. The RC guys will have your ass if you let them know that you registered for Pirate :laughing:

BTW folks, that's the guy I was talking about and he's all for it :smokin:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'll bob anything.

wait... that didnt sound right...:eek:
You heard it here first guys. He will bob anything ! ! ! ! ! !

Just couldn't help myself

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,259 Posts
Wondering about one of these in a coast to coast run...

101 - 120 of 351 Posts