Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a preban mini 14 that a buddy wants to swap his preban mini 30 for. aside from the fact that the mini 30 fires AK/SKS rounds (7.62x39) is there any other information that you guys have to share? personal experience, not what my buddy down at the range tole me oncst:laughing:

I love my mini 14, but I would like to step up power wise

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
It's a step down since the mini 30 is known for worse accuracy, and worse magazine issues.

There is a reason your buddy wants to be rid of it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I also have a Mini 14. I've fired alot of Mini 30s and it is the same damn thing except a little more fun IMHO. I like the kick and it just feels a little more substantial when you pull the trigger. As for which one is cheaper to shoot... .223 is sure cheep when you buy it in bulk or reload. You can still buy the Mini 14 / Mini 30 here in CA without restriction except for high cap mags. Personally, I like to have a lot of guns in the popular calibers. So I've got the Mini 14 as the .223 gun and a M1A as my .308 gun. I wouldn't mind adding a 7.62x39 to the collection but 4x4 parts and a new XD9 sub compact for my carry gun is going to suck up the cash!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Keep the 14 and just get a SKS. You'll be happier in the long run.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
you can get TWO SKS rifles for less than teh mini30...and the SKS is usually more accurate and less jam-prone.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a preban mini 14 that a buddy wants to swap his preban mini 30 for. aside from the fact that the mini 30 fires AK/SKS rounds (7.62x39) is there any other information that you guys have to share? personal experience, not what my buddy down at the range tole me oncst:laughing:

I love my mini 14, but I would like to step up power wise
Fuck, Heef...stick with the 14, dude. If you want something bigger, buy something bigger to add to the collection.

·
Paying for others
1,611 Posts
I have a mini 30. It is a fun gun to shoot, pretty accurate under 150 yards but anything beyond that is kind of a crap shoot. I have taken down probably 20 hogs with it. The kick is minimal on it and it looks bad ass. I am not sure how much the .223 rounds are but the 7.62 were not too expensive last time I bought them.

Edit:

P.S. Mine has never jammed on me or given me any hassles.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I hvae a 14 and love it. The 30 has alot of mag issues and not very many aftermarket replacements. I'd keep the mini 14 and get an sks like the people above said. Ive had both the mini and the sks and I sold the sks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts