Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the minimum required modifications for 40" tires on an 81 blazer? The intended wheel and tire is the M35A type to help with thorns. This is an offroad only truck, utility/farm use. No rock climbing or high speeds needed.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What are the minimum required modifications for 40" tires on an 81 blazer? The intended wheel and tire is the M35A type to help with thorns. This is an offroad only truck, utility/farm use. No rock climbing or high speeds needed.
How bout you try reading where it says to read first before you post anything!
I believe it covers this exact topic.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
6" springs lift all around, don't do a body lift. I'm not going to recommend the shackle flip because IIRC it's not good for load hauling vs standard shackle design.

***You MAY have to still do some moderate fender trimming.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Apparently you want to be spoon fed, look at the fawking builds, you have been here long enough to know to search, there is a build thread list at the top of the page that I put togather for people like you that ask dumb fawking questions!

If you need to know how much lift to fit 40 tires then you dont need to even modify your truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am running 4" springs and a 3" body to clear my 40's. I am not a fan of body lifts, but used one on my truck to help with floor clearence when I built my shortbed crewcab.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I remember now why I stopped visiting. 2 helpful posts, 1 enthusiastic, and 5 who think running their mouths makes them cool.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I remember now why I stopped visiting. 2 helpful posts, 1 enthusiastic, and 5 who think running their mouths makes them cool.
Your question has been covered since the dawn of 4wd. You didn't read the Faq and you didn't specify what you were willing to do to fit those tires.

Maybe throw some better details in and get a better answer.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Your question has been covered since the dawn of 4wd. You didn't read the Faq and you didn't specify what you were willing to do to fit those tires.

Maybe throw some better details in and get a better answer.
Better yet try the newb section. Then come back when you have a pair of balls.

Written in bold on my link, This is a hardcore tech forum!

And why the hell do you need 40s for a farm truck? You will render it useless. Especially for pulling anything. Unless your farming is driving around and watching people work, then still useless.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Better yet try the newb section. Then come back when you have a pair of balls.

Written in bold on my link, This is a hardcore tech forum!

And why the hell do you need 40s for a farm truck? You will render it useless. Especially for pulling anything. Unless your farming is driving around and watching people work, then still useless.

I wondered this as well, post up some pics of this farm truck.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
not much required

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
How many sawzall blades would that take by the way?:D
Could not help myself. I thought this was newbie.
4" lift w/ 35" MTRs . Minor trimming.
Would not go much taller unless mud truck.(personally)
Start cutting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts