Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bitch has gotta be done by the end of September so i cant get too excited..

this is the truck

i've got to fix my front leaf spring.. i'm think they were TG 3's, PO said they were alcan's but they match TG specs perfectly

i've got a buddy that has IFS rear springs, i'm gonna make a pack outta them and my current front mystery springs.

also gonna clean up all the shit the PO didn't do when they did the lift:mad:

The clamps have been torched off by the PO i guess to be hardcore and flex more :shaking: i think this let my springs open up more and ultimatly led to premature breakage.. anyont agree?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
i've got some 1/4 plate and i'm thinkin of making my own truss on the front axle we'll see how ambitious i am. the trusses are cheap so i may just buy one and be done with it

Next item of business, the bed.. er whats left of it :laughing:

i have been thinkin about doing this

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604609

i've thought about it for a while then that thread came up.. it's pretty close to what i'd do. i have an internal cage i'd holesaw the cab enough to get the tube to tie into that cage.

my bed is pretty much shot from all the dents and the 20 minute bed bob at 3 am :grinpimp: the welds are cracking and breaking..

what if i cut my rear bumper off even with the frame width wise and capped the ends, pulled the skins in with an adjustable bracket so i can drive on the street and be able to push the sides in when i hit the trail? i'd put the tail lights in the bumper since my factory ones look like shit anyway..

i'm thinkin i could make a basket or something to fit tools into.. something like 20"x20" out of 1.5" tube and expanded steel for the floor.. just enough storage for tools and a cooler, i'd mount my spare behind the basket flat on the frame and not run a tail gate...

any idea's? anyone done this and thought it sucked?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well my bob and stuff isnt pretty like all those in that other thread but I had the same problem with keeping it legal and still wanting the dovetail for the trails so I just mad some removable rear fenders out of tube and sheep metal.

On

Off

And its just two pins holding each on but I can still stand on um.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that would work too... its kinda funky lookin but it works :smokin:

i see your from washington? i'm in St George... do the cops hassle you with that setup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts