Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you mix and match or do you buy a kit?

After a discussion with a few people in a chat room the other day it occured to me that there are a whole bunch of people out there who would rather buy a kit than try to mix and match something from the junkyard. For me it is more fun to scrounge around the wrecking yards with a tape measure than it is to go buy something shiny and new. What do you prefer?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i prefer to scrounge junkyards as well, i think its fun but it does stem from lack of funds for the shiny new stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
why not just scrounge the junk yards for shiny new "kits". : ) I love finding packs in the junk yard that work well....but it does take allot of mix and mach time. I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend taking leafs in and out.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I'm a cheap bastard. With that said, sometimes is much more efficient to buy new. Some things just aren't worth using old parts either.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I probally would cruse the junkyards a lot more if I had the time, and it my area had any decent junk yards. both the yards in my area are geared towards the racecar croud. Meed a Pinto, they probally have it, need a Toyota, what is that. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Picking the yards can be an ispiring place

See different things, glean ideas.

Somewhat zen like :D

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i am a hardcore beliver in it's not what you buy it's what you build

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Re: Do you mix and match or do you buy a kit?

Paul Gagnon said:
After a discussion with a few people in a chat room the other day it occured to me that there are a whole bunch of people out there who would rather buy a kit than try to mix and match something from the junkyard. ......What do you prefer?
Depending on what I'm doing - for axles = junkyard and rebuild yourself. But there are some things its just easier and cost effective to buy a kit.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Junk Yards all the way, it's funner to find stuff that works awsome off of another truck and is way cheaper than the store bought stuff, i spend at least 4 hours a week seraching the local yards, sometimes i come up with some cool stuff other times come up with nothing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You can almost always build it stronger then buying it ..IMO :D

:jeep: __(OIIIIIO)__rOkOn:usa:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts