Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
No Wranglers there, but did not check other Jeeps there of the same vintage. If I can find the time to get out there again soon I'll check it, thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Transfer case is in, Savvy shifter cable is in, drive shafts are all hooked up, skid plate is mostly done and installed, Just didn't have time to do the speedometer. I I'm on a road trip today to Las Cruces, then Tucson, Florence, and Table Mesa in Arizona.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
ran a few trails in Las Cruces, had to turn around on the last one because it was too extreme. Then we ran Box Canyon, Martinez Cabin, Woodpecker, Highway to Hell, and Ajax. I will post up some video and pictures eventually.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Charouleau Gap:

Martinez Cabin:

Box Canyon:

Martinez Canyon, closed to vehicles now:

Highway to Hell:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Yeah, that's the oldest, he's almost 15. He gets a lot of seat time in the 4Runner on the trails too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dang man I just read your entire build thread. Probably 2 hours! Just about to tear into my new to me 91 MJ 4.0, you make me nervous to swap the front axle! I will definitely have some questions about linking the rear.

Anyways, I will be following your build from here on.

Cheers from California

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #193

·
Registered
361 Posts
Are you still in Killeen? Just read through your build and saw the location.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Yep, still in Killeen, at least when I'm not deployed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just saw your reply, are you deployed now? I'm finishing up my truggy build this fall hopefully.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
Yes, but I'll be home within a month and start back up on this and on my 4Runner. Plans for this are to put in some more comfortable seats, replace the rocker panels with box tubing, and build a spare tire mount. I still need to get the tailgate back on and get the 99+ doors sealed up properly. I also have a Sterling OEM electric locker waiting to go in the rear axle, roller rockers for the engine, an adjustable proportioning valve to dial down the rear brakes, and a line lock since I do not have a parking brake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Are you in Kuwait? I have a buddy coming home in about 3 weeks from Kuwait.

181 - 200 of 236 Posts