Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Sometimes it's the little things that make you happy. We are on our way to Moab now and should be able to start running trails tomorrow.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
We’re back in Illinois now. We only ended up doing Pritchett Canyon, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, and Cliffhanger due to multiple vehicle problems and breakdowns (mostly with the other vehicle we took). The video of Pritchett Canyon is below.

I’m refining my shock mounts and muffler placement on the truck now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #243 (Edited)
When I first set the shocks up on this truck, they were pulled from another vehicle that I had, and the eyes are slightly different. I blew the seals on the shocks during this trip, and got free replacements since they were under warranty, but they would not bolt up and I did not want to grind the sleeves down again. So I modified the shock mounts. A stock set of Ranchos will bolt up now.

Since I had the bed off, I decided to upgrade my roll bar tie-ins. Years ago I built the one below with the round tube supporting it, before I had the rock sliders.

This is my latest rendition. I boxed it all in and tied in the frame and Sliders to the roll bar mount.

One of the gas tank welds developed a crack during the trip as well. JB Weld steelstik held up from Utah to Illinois. I will build a new gas tank at some point since I want one slightly larger. I haven't decided if I want to spend the money to upgrade my welder to a multi-process machine, just build one out of steel, or have someone build it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Here is the Moab Rim trail video.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Cliffhanger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

241 - 246 of 246 Posts