Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MNorby's Goat - Ibex chassis build

Here are some shots of the build. Specs are GoatBuilt Ibex 2 seat chassis, LQ4 6.0, TH400 RFMVB, 3.8 Atlas 2, 86-91 Ford high pinion 60 front with Chevy Solid knuckles and spartan locker, 14 bolt full floater rear welded up and disked, 5.38 gears, 14" ORI STX shocks up front, 16" ORI ST shocks in back, 43" SX tires on recentered H1 wheels.

Here is the old rig. I actually had a pair of steering rockwells I was going to put under it and one day just decided I was tired of the big, heavy rig so sold most of it off and bought the ibex chassis so I could build it quickly and get back to wheeling sooner.

Matt on waterfall on Hal John, SD - YouTube
Matt Upper Helldorado Waterfall 9/7/2012 - YouTube
Matt up Rod Knocker 11-12-2011 - YouTube

Main chassis build. Ratchet straps to move things tight into square.

·
Premium Member
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got engine dropped in and waiting on transfer case and some transmission parts to get them installed.

Top of cylinder mount. Short pieces of strap to lock the cylinder in so not just bolts holding the side-to-side motion.

Back of mount. Welded washers to add thickness for bolt engagement and the dimpled gusset plates coincide with the V in the middle of the truss that reinforce the UCA mounts to axle tube too.

Finished setup. Still need to add clevis mount for suckdown winch on front of cylinder mount though.

Also tapped the heater core ports to 3/8 & 1/2 NPT and plugged them for now. Will use one for mechanical water temperature gauge eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
The pre-made interior is the most brilliant idea of this entire kit! That is insane, open a box and bolt it in. Saves so much headache.

·
Premium Member
5,257 Posts
Looking forward to following along with this one and picking up any tips for my eventual build.

I love how this chassis allows the use of budget friendly components. Nice build!

1 - 20 of 543 Posts