Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a business trip to SLC the first week of April. I'll have four days that I'm not obligated to work. The first three will be spent on the slopes with my friends driving down from Missoula. On the fourth day, I'm considering renting a modified Jeep in Moab.

I've never been to Moab, I'd like to hear some feedback about:

1. Experiences with the rental companies, good/bad/ugly.

2. Suggested trails. This would be a one day trip, on a Tuesday, returning the Jeep same day. I'm not looking for the most challenging trails. I'd like to run some that have great scenery and a lesser chance of me buying parts for the rental. I'm also kinda leary about going alone. . . considering hiring a trail guide.
Since I'm from MI, I'll have enough fun just being there and checkin' out the landscape and loadin' the camera with pics. Trail toughness can wait 'til I tow my junk there. . . someday. . . .

Any insight would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
You might try to find an area club web site or possibly somebody on this board thats from that area an arrange to ride in the "bitch" seat with them. just a thought...09

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the trail tips :)

When I go, I'd kick myself for not driving at least one trail. Maybe I'll be lucky enough and get a rental WJ or 4Runner rental and just pick up a trail map.

Anyone interested in playing tour guide for Hell's Revenge or Poison Spider 4/8/03???

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
I was just out in Moab last October.

I rented from Moab Offroad. For $152 and some change I rented a 4.0 YJ on 33s with LR and s35 w/detroit for 24 hours. 8AM to 8AM.

I sorta took it easy and ran Seven Mile Rim Trail and came home on the really easy but really cool Long Canyon Trail.

Both were well worth it IMO and the Jeep went well.

Get Charles Wells Book, "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-wheel Drive Trails". It is well worth it IMO.

Also remember that Moab is about 4-4.5 hours from SLC. Fuck skiing Moab ROCKS!!!

Have fun.

I cannot wait to go visit (or move) out there. It is fawking awesome and my Uncle runs Sherri Griffith's so I always have a free place to stay when I go.:flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts