Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Provided I get my rear end sorted, and my sliders re-done in time (bigger tires!) I will be in Moab for the last weekend in March, starting that Thursday.

Looking to do the maze or needles district possibly.

Any takers? I will have the family along, and probably camping...

j

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
John,
Just a note, They might require a pass to run the Maze. Not sure, but I know it is required for White Rim Canyon that runs around Island in the Sky.

The Maze is on my list of "to do's" while in Moab sometime. Keep me informed. I could probably talk the wife into this trip as she is also interested. Rumor has it you will need 2-3 gas cans to run this trail due to it's remoteness. Or a Diesel conversion and a 20 gallon tank.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. They require a pass, not a problem. Pre-registration even. I can carry up to 20 gallons extra, and Bill gets about twice the mileage that we do in his Toy. I usually carry about 10 gallons of water for this length of trip. No issues there.

The more the better...

We are looking to leave on Wednesday night the 26th, staying through sunday.

j

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Is this the Bill that works at JDE with me? Just curious. I'll talk with the wife a little and guage her interest. I might have an Aussie friend who would be interested as well if you don't mind. We are both very competent drivers. He has many weeks experience in the Outback of Australia and tells a good story.

How many vehicles are we talking? I would say no more than 5 if you want to make good time. Just a suggestion based on my experiences.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, Bill at JDE. His wife and two boys. They normally do the fancy campground thingy, but I am trying to talk them into roughing it. We might just do overnighters through there... Don't know.

I really don't want more than 5, speed, accident rates and support issues after that.

Competant driver? Your truck is starting to look like Brian Friends!

:flipoff2:

j

office 303 298 6406
cell 303 906 8693

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah he's down there. Nice guy and all. Fun to watch drive. I guess he beat the shit out of his truck on independance. Can you believe he drove independance in a 2 inch lifted truck on 31 inch tires? Broke his track bar, and smashed in his front end.

http://www.discoweb.org/discus/messages/10/14535.html?1044976369

Sorry for threadjacking my own thread.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys...just learned about this sight. Very Cool:) BTW, My truck doesn't look THAT BAD does it?

The Independace trail was the last ride I did and I am stll trying to get my truck running again. My wife put a kabosh on my truck money.:confused:

Good new though, I should be up and running in the next couple of weeks or so. But I think I will wait for awhile before I run that trail again.

brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.