Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm heading to Moab next March on a wheeling trip but I want to spend a couple mornings hitting some trails on my bike. If you only could hit a couple trails in the 8-12 mile range what do you think the best trails might be. I may do the slick rock trail but I would really like to hit some sweet single track. What say the PBB?

·
Registered
266 Posts
So I'm heading to Moab next March on a wheeling trip but I want to spend a couple mornings hitting some trails on my bike. If you only could hit a couple trails in the 8-12 mile range what do you think the best trails might be. I may do the slick rock trail but I would really like to hit some sweet single track. What say the PBB?
Shuttle porcupine rim. It's the most bang for your buck with the least amount of pedalling. To get the full experience, use coyote shuttles: https://www.coyoteshuttle.com/

Bring snacks and maybe a beer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Captain ahab is good if your technical ability is fairly strong. also Mag 7 to Portal trail is incredible but has some serious height exposure and quite technical. if you cant shuttle that you could ride up poison spider to connect with portal. Klondike bluffs has some less technical loops that are fun. Downloading the trailforks app on your phone will be helpful. enjoy!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
We did Capt Ahab and it was fun with the tech sections. Slick Rock trail was a blast though and if I had to choose one I would pick that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Captain Ahab is a good time and you can climb cliffhanger if you want to follow any 4x4 going up. The brand trails are fun shorter loops. Porcupine should be open by March but much above that for the whole enchilada is iffy. If more is open and you can shuttle do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please update us on how it goes. I've recently picked up the MTB hobby while Im working in Saudi. Im thinking I'll rent a bike in April while I'm in Phoenix (home,) and Moab for EJS.

I've been obsessing over all the YouTube videos of the trails in the area. The Whole Enchilada will be on my list, at least as much of it thats open.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do. I've been obsessing over the videos myself. At this point I'm planning on doing the slick rock trail and then shuttling porcupine rim. I'll have to take mama for some easy paved rides too. Mountain biking is about the only thing I like as far as exercise goes. Super fun and great exercise.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Porcupine Rim would be my must do. Slickrock is cool, but I find to to be more of a novelty.

Klondike Bluffs is a great trail to warm up with. Fun terrain that isn't too technical plus ends in an amazing view. Also there are petrified dinosaur footprints along the trail which is super cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
whole enchilada has some great scenery and some walkable hairy sections.

captain ahab is another great trail.

weather should be nice and cold in the morning that time of year!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts