Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first rockcrawling event in Moab...

I have been working with one of my freinds on this and now its happening...

this event is gonna be the event to be at this year in Moab..
everyone that is planning to run in the arca event better come practice at MoabRocks...(better bring spare parts though...:evil:)

how this works;
-unlimited number of competitors
-two classes
-100% payout on all the entry fee...
-parts/prize money from sponsors (winches, tires etc..)

I will post a website soon where you can see the rules etc...
signups and inspection will be at MoabOffroad on may 1st

EVENT IS MAY 1st-2nd-3rd

if anyone has questions or wants to sign up email me
[email protected]

rules will be pretty similar to UROC
we are working to be an eligibility to qualify for SUPERCRAWL.

we are hoping to have the # of competitors to allow about a 12k -15k payout from entry fees which shouldn't be to hard.

Our 2nd event will be labor day weekend

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RudeZuk said:
this is the same time that the calrocs event is going on..
where?

there is getting to be so many events it was hard to dodge the all..

we have UROC and 2RCA events PLUS ejs within 2-3 weeks on both ends of us:eek:

tis ok though...
its gunna rock!!!
I may be able to post some course teasers ...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
cool....waiting for the course teasers. Of course, there are many places in Moab to set up such an event....but if I were looking for a place where spectators could get to...a place close to town....it might be about 3 miles out on the Sand Flats Rd maybe on the right side? Lotsa slickrock formations there.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I'm surprised the BLM didn't throw a hissy fit, there's a big Land Cruiser event in Moab at the same time: 'Cruise Moab, held the same weekend every year since '98.

Where are the courses going to be?

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Moab Austin said:

where?

there is getting to be so many events it was hard to dodge the all..

we have UROC and 2RCA events PLUS ejs within 2-3 weeks on both ends of us:eek:

tis ok though...
its gunna rock!!!
I may be able to post some course teasers ...
Calrocs website said it is in Reno....but i think its in Fernley?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is the course on Private property, or did you have to get a BLM permit to put on the event ? I know those permits can be a pain to obtain. Do you have the course layed out yet ??

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RockDog said:
Is the course on Private property, or did you have to get a BLM permit to put on the event ? I know those permits can be a pain to obtain. Do you have the course layed out yet ??
yes, no, yep, not telling :D

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
YotaFilmer said:
Man you planned it when there is alot already going on that weekend????:confused:
ya, there is alot going on everyweekend anymore.

our 2nd event will be aug 28-30

we have 4wheel parts-rancho:p -and procomp for main prises..

smaller stuff we got beadlocks-drivelines-ect..

most prises will be in the form of certificates, so if you don't want something or already have it you can sell it or put it on tow rig or whatever..

we got about 30 competitors coming in the last 2 weeks.

it should be a pretty decent event..pretty tough obstacles IMO

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
so are all the rigs spoda get up moab rim to the general area?? what happens when people break badly up there?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Location seems like a clusterfawk. You know the spectators are going to want to drive up- traffic jam. Broke rigs at the top can ride down the chairlift maybe? :confused:
I like the idea, not the area.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The last event I went to (supercrawl) I arrived at 9am and even then had to walk 5 minutes to get where i wanted to be..

with parking right near the tram and a free seat up it will be about 10 minutes untiull you get to the course.. but thats sitting on a chair and not having to carry your cooler..

you can drive up but we advise not to cause there will be lots of traffic issues.

we will let competitors have a support truck up there, if they break to bad we can shove em off the edge:eek: :D

part of the comp will be getting to the top, so if the rim trail is to tough for ya better not sign up:flipoff2:

we are keeping to course well balanced between technical/undoable/and throttle down.
(some steeps but not a bunch like supercrawl)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Moab Austin said:

part of the comp will be getting to the top, so if the rim trail is to tough for ya better not sign up:flipoff2:

we are keeping to course well balanced between technical/undoable/and throttle down.
(some steeps but not a bunch like supercrawl)
ever seen major carnage at a real comp? i have too. how in the heck are you really sposed to get back down. the rim is easy, but not if one has a destoyed rig from a comp..........

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
BRBx4 said:

ever seen major carnage at a real comp? i have too. how in the heck are you really sposed to get back down. the rim is easy, but not if one has a destoyed rig from a comp..........
depends how destroyed it is..I don't forsee any rolls except flops, so no smashed rigs...so besides balljoints and broken links I think we could get em down...I don't see it as an issue really, at least not one I would worry about if I was competing.
I have gotten a rig off there with the whole rear housing gone from the rig.
we could always put em on a mog flat bed:eek:

the site arca has chosen won't be able to have towrigs pull up to it eighter and rrca don't care.
I think competitors shouldn't worry about it, we can shuttle parts up the tram if need be.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts