Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the frame striped of everything except the coil cans and ready for the jig ...

... and with the drive train mounted and Atlas clocked for a flat skid ...

... it's time to mock up the front HP D60, tub, and fenders ...

Slow, but sure ... :p

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We kept the OEM buckets because of the ever changing rules... :rolleyes:
First for the "like suspension type for frame" rule posted this winter by some santions and also because you can't lenghten the wheelbase that much anyway so why not use them ...
And because some techie will probably get thier panties in a bind if they can't recognise at least a little of what's left of the TJ's frame components.
The rear discs were moved back a couple of inches, turning thier faces more down instead of the stock, backward facing orientation to better fit the pivot points and swing of much longer arms.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
cmk said:
I think I'm slightly ahead of ya'.
cmk
Yep, at least your's is wired and painted ... but mine has already been on a weight diet. :flipoff2:

Do I sense coil-overs are going there in front???
I considered them long and hard last month but could find no functional way to stuff a pair of coil-overs in the rear with an uncut floor, including the use of bellcrank arms ... and still keep their valves in oil.
And I didn't want to go coil-over front / coils in rear for fear that they would have difficulties working together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Cost is going to rule out coilovers for me.

I cut the front buckets off (and scrapped them) so I can place an extra long spring wherever I want, based on my wheelbase.

cmk

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
CMK,
The jeep is looking good. What all do you have planned for it??

Mine will be looking torn apart like that after EJS. I've got a HP D60 and FFD60 going in mine.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Looking good Jaffer! Keep the pics coming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts