Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Model 54 Die Set 2.875" OD (12" CLR - 180) First machine it goes in to get the dowel holes and spindle groove.
3.5" thick x approx. 24" wide billet
Estimated weight around 200 lbs.

Hard to show the pure size of the billet especially in this big Mill.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Model 54 with rotary

Very happy with my purchase. What an outstanding machine! It is very EZ to use and the youtube video's really help with understanding the operations. Only had this machine for a couple months and we are up to 10+ die sets due to customers needs. Its as EZ as calling JD2 stating what die size I need and it ships out if not next day the day after!

I have only built one chassis so far but where this unit shines is the production use of the same "Part" bends over and over.

We recently received a furniture design that consist of several bends at all different angles/ nothing is flat or straight from one bend to the next. With the rotary and use of the rotary "trolley" stops we are bending the same "part" over and over. That might sound easy enough, but these are custom design chairs that are required to be within 1/32 of the measurements for the back and seat to align correctly. The rotary and model 54 combined allows us to cut the tube length, mark it once for the start length, bend per the computer pre-set degree, pull it forward to the next stop, rotate (as needed), change the bender pre-set, bend and repeat as many times as necessary, not once do you have to measure or scale or use a degree finder to know where the next bend will be. Final or finish cut length? Clean up of tubing? No and no, the part comes out the same time after time, right length and ready to ship.

Thanks again guys for the awesome customer service and a great product you have provided.

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Model 54 with rotary

Very happy with my purchase. What an outstanding machine! It is very EZ to use and the youtube video's really help with understanding the operations. Only had this machine for a couple months and we are up to 10+ die sets due to customers needs. Its as EZ as calling JD2 stating what die size I need and it ships out if not next day the day after!

I have only built one chassis so far but where this unit shines is the production use of the same "Part" bends over and over.

We recently received a furniture design that consist of several bends at all different angles/ nothing is flat or straight from one bend to the next. With the rotary and use of the rotary "trolley" stops we are bending the same "part" over and over. That might sound easy enough, but these are custom design chairs that are required to be within 1/32 of the measurements for the back and seat to align correctly. The rotary and model 54 combined allows us to cut the tube length, mark it once for the start length, bend per the computer pre-set degree, pull it forward to the next stop, rotate (as needed), change the bender pre-set, bend and repeat as many times as necessary, not once do you have to measure or scale or use a degree finder to know where the next bend will be. Final or finish cut length? Clean up of tubing? No and no, the part comes out the same time after time, right length and ready to ship.

Thanks again guys for the awesome customer service and a great product you have provided.
Thanks Travis! Very nice write up! Glad this machine is treating you and your business well. Sounds like it is exactly what you are needing for a job like those chairs. If you need anything or any help let us know. Thanks again!

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Great for car projects, boats, hand rails, and most fabrication needs

BENDS 3" OD TUBING!!

- Includes Bender, Stand, Pump, Cylinder, and Target Set Feature.
- Bends from .5" OD to 3" OD tubing.
- Max wall thickness is 2" OD x .250 wall and .120 for anything above 2" OD.
- Bends up to 1.5" Solid.
- Supports up to 12.5 Center Line Radius.
- 1 shot 90 degree bend
- Quick release toggle lever to allow for easy removal of tubing.
- Set Target Feature (Set the degrees desired and the hydraulic unit will automatically stop the bend at the degree every time.
- Computer readout of degrees to the .1 degree.

*Doesn't include Die Set or Rotary Indexer

List Price: $3,975

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Great for car projects, boats, hand rails, and most fabrication needs

BENDS 3" OD TUBING!!

- Includes Bender, Stand, Pump, Cylinder, and Target Set Feature.
- Bends from .5" OD to 3" OD tubing.
- Max wall thickness is 2" OD x .250 wall and .120 for anything above 2" OD.
- Bends up to 1.5" Solid.
- Supports up to 12.5 Center Line Radius.
- 1 shot 90 degree bend
- Quick release toggle lever to allow for easy removal of tubing.
- Set Target Feature (Set the degrees desired and the hydraulic unit will automatically stop the bend at the degree every time.
- Computer readout of degrees to the .1 degree.

*Doesn't include Die Set or Rotary Indexer

List Price: $3,975

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just stumbled across the model 54 bender yesterday. A buddy posted a link and I was pretty impressed and have now watched all the video's I could find on it.

I have a few questions. Any video's available for the indexer showing the process for multiple bends in a single tube? I was unable to find any to give an idea of speed and idiotproofness (I have employees, and always looking for idiotproofness for production :D)

I bend 1.25" and 1.5" tubing, .120 max. and pretty much all DOM. According to your video's, 2" or under would benefit me most with the smaller ram as far as speed. Do you have any video's of the 2" ram to show how much faster it is? I only saw them with the 3", which as you stated, is fairly slow.

Last question (for now). The only thing that seems like a big time waster is having to go up or down through all the degrees to get to the one you want (especially since it is going through the degrees in 1/10th. increments).

I have hundreds of bends in what I do that can go on for days and weeks at a time, so saving bends to program spots would both be insufficient, as well as time consuming to scroll through to find the correct one (for me at least). I would much prefer a readout with a numeric keypad. It doesn't need to be too fancy as far as programing, or even account for spring back, but I would love to be able to just punch in the desired bend degree vs scroll threw them all. I have spring back calculated into the numbers for the build books my employes read, so typing in 2-3 digits and hitting enter is pretty idiot proof and would increase bending time.

Is this something you guys have considered or are possibly working on, or could do for an additional fee? I'm sure most people would prefer to use that type of system if it were available, especially those that have bigger production demands where an extra 5 seconds per bend can really add up.

Again, I love what i've seen of the machine so far.

I have a shop built air over hydraulic bender with an indexing system, but employee error when it comes to repeatability has caused for a lot of wasted time over the years.

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sorry for the delay on the response. Not sure why it wasn't addressed. Either way here is some answers.

Right now we are currently working on videos for the indexer which we hope will be up soon but have not current timeline. The indexer has bump stops that you can set up for repeatable bending. This indexer is a manual indexer and doesn't have any auto feeding capabilities. Another thing it has is the degrees built into the head that allow you to rotate and know which degree you are at.

The videos don't cover really or show the speed of the 2" cylinders. If you are bending 2" .120 wall and below you can shave your 90 degree stroke to 8-10 seconds. The 3" cylinder can stroke out to 90 degrees in around 18 seconds which isn't that bad.

To select your degrees if you hold down the button it will start to jump by much higher increments making it so you get there quicker.

A numeric pad / touch screen with digits is in the mix down the line. We are talking about it being an add on you can do later for the Model 54. No time line on that but we definitely would like to do that.

I just stumbled across the model 54 bender yesterday. A buddy posted a link and I was pretty impressed and have now watched all the video's I could find on it.

I have a few questions. Any video's available for the indexer showing the process for multiple bends in a single tube? I was unable to find any to give an idea of speed and idiotproofness (I have employees, and always looking for idiotproofness for production :D)

I bend 1.25" and 1.5" tubing, .120 max. and pretty much all DOM. According to your video's, 2" or under would benefit me most with the smaller ram as far as speed. Do you have any video's of the 2" ram to show how much faster it is? I only saw them with the 3", which as you stated, is fairly slow.

Last question (for now). The only thing that seems like a big time waster is having to go up or down through all the degrees to get to the one you want (especially since it is going through the degrees in 1/10th. increments).

I have hundreds of bends in what I do that can go on for days and weeks at a time, so saving bends to program spots would both be insufficient, as well as time consuming to scroll through to find the correct one (for me at least). I would much prefer a readout with a numeric keypad. It doesn't need to be too fancy as far as programing, or even account for spring back, but I would love to be able to just punch in the desired bend degree vs scroll threw them all. I have spring back calculated into the numbers for the build books my employes read, so typing in 2-3 digits and hitting enter is pretty idiot proof and would increase bending time.

Is this something you guys have considered or are possibly working on, or could do for an additional fee? I'm sure most people would prefer to use that type of system if it were available, especially those that have bigger production demands where an extra 5 seconds per bend can really add up.

Again, I love what i've seen of the machine so far.

I have a shop built air over hydraulic bender with an indexing system, but employee error when it comes to repeatability has caused for a lot of wasted time over the years.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts