Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
When do the holiday deals kick in and what kind of discount will you have?
We will be doing something for Black Friday through the weekend. Not sure of the amount just yet. I know there won't be any discount on the Model 54 Bender because we never do any for it. The die sets on the other hand can be.

·
Registered
367 Posts
We will be doing something for Black Friday through the weekend. Not sure of the amount just yet. I know there won't be any discount on the Model 54 Bender because we never do any for it. The die sets on the other hand can be.
What about the index table? That's for the 50 series, not just the 54....

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
What about the index table? That's for the 50 series, not just the 54....
The indexer will not be included in the discounting products. You are correct that that indexer will work with any of our previous model 50 series benders. So like the Model 52,53, and 54.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could you give me an idea of how the 'clamps' you offer for the indexer work to bend from center of a piece of tube(maybe a couple pictures too)? And how you would go from bending from one end of the tube to mirroring the same bend on the other end. Thanks.
i have the model 54 and the indexer as well. the bender is top notch fast and accurate as hell. Once you learn to use the indexer you will be ok but it needs a hell of a lot of improvement. The degree wheel is marked in 2 degree increments. For me that is not nearly accurate enough, so i use the clamp and put a digital angle box on it and that takes care of that. Now it is accurate to 2 tenths of one degree. But to get that you have to manually move it nudge by nudge. It would have been much better if JD squared had used a worm gear driven system so that you could turn the handle to the proper degrees, lock it and be all set to bend, instead of tap tap tap one way ...ooops to far... tap tap tap the other way... tighten two bolts, oops that moved the degree wheel ... loosen and repeat again and again. That is literally how you go about setting your plane of bend angle with that joke of an indexer. I do parts every day with three and four bends in them and none in the same plane. On the plus side there is nothing else better at that price point and the bender itself is near perfect. I have a few improvements I have made to mine that helped a lot in shortening part set up time. PM me if you are interested. Would I buy the bender again? Hell yea!!! Would I buy the indexer again? hell no. At least not the "indexing head" It really needs one of the dividing head type of fixtures. I would pay 500 dollars more to get one on it and in fact I am going to take this one off the indexers rail (which is great) an replace it, and as soon as I do i will tell folks all about it. Maybe JD squared will take the hint. They are such a good manufacturer for benders. But their indexer is not worthy of their name and reputation. IMHO.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts