Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blah Blah Blah
Is it even worth telling this guy to STFU?

Sound quality has made huge progress in the last 20 or so years. With line array technology, and active DSP, and super efficient amps, live sound is really good these days. The limiting factor is the acoustic space. You can get decent sound in a basketball arena or football stadium, but it's never going to be as good as a proper theater. Oh and skill of the guy pushing the faders.
Yeah, the equipment and the operator have a lot to do with it, I just feel the performers don't care to try to get the gear and skills to get a good sound.

Although, this reminds me that I once went to a symphony orchestra at the Chan Center at UBC in Vancouver, BC. The sounds was pretty good. And it should be considering the technology put in to that building.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts

·
Registered
13,121 Posts
Foo Fighters never disappoints, I had the furthest-away possible tickets and still felt like Dave was playing for us in the shitty seats.

Latest Dream Theater tour was quite good as well, anyone familiar with them they're playing Scenes From a Memory in its entirety plus some of the more popular newer stuff. Enjoyed that one but it seemed like it took til halfway through the set before the sound got sorted out.
Love seeing the Foo Fighters, always an awesome show!
I am a fan of the early Dream Theater stuff, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them to come around.

Anyone seen Shinedown? They will be here Tuesday and I like their music, but wonder if this is a must see or meh?
I have seen Shinedown twice in the last couple years. I enjoyed it.

Here's my list of recents.

Shinedown with FFDP and Sixx A.M.

Tool

Metallica x 2

Foo Fighters

Shinedown with Godsmack

Bush, STP, AIC, The Cult (All one show. 7.5 hours for sub $50 tickets.:smokin:)

Frank Turner with Bad Cop Bad Cop.

Blackberry Smoke

I enjoyed them all, but the ones that stood out were Godsmack (amazing),
Bush (also amazing), Frank Turner. He was at a small local venue, heat of summer, standing room only. We were about three people away from the stage and the floor was shaking. Blackberry Smoke was awesome too!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love seeing the Foo Fighters, always an awesome show!

I am a fan of the early Dream Theater stuff, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them to come around.

I have seen Shinedown twice in the last couple years. I enjoyed it.

Here's my list of recents.

Shinedown with FFDP and Sixx A.M.

Tool

Metallica x 2

Foo Fighters

Shinedown with Godsmack

Bush, STP, AIC, The Cult (All one show. 7.5 hours for sub $50 tickets.:smokin:)

Frank Turner with Bad Cop Bad Cop.

Blackberry Smoke

I enjoyed them all, but the ones that stood out were Godsmack (amazing),

Bush (also amazing), Frank Turner. He was at a small local venue, heat of summer, standing room only. We were about three people away from the stage and the floor was shaking. Blackberry Smoke was awesome too!

I must say... The biggest surprise for me at that show was The Cult!!! Never seen them before and Ian could Fkn belt out the vocals!!!!
:smokin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
If your into country at all, check out Whitey Morgan, Whiskey myers, jason boland or anything related to them. I have seen them all live (whitey 2 times, whiskey myers 3x) and they put on a great show.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts