Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a TJ and I want to hop up the motor a little bit and was wondering what mods are good to do. I'm not looking for anything extreme (like a supercharger), just some good bang for the buck mods for a little more power.
Thanks

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,923 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
STONEYFLEX said:
I just bought a TJ and I want to hop up the motor a little bit and was wondering what mods are good to do. I'm not looking for anything extreme (like a supercharger), just some good bang for the buck mods for a little more power.
Thanks
K&N filter, exhaust, and GEARS

ignition module= electrical fire :)

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
FatMeats12 said:
Avenger superchargers?
STONEYFLEX said:
I'm not looking for anything extreme (like a supercharger)
Good job reading. :rolleyes:

I have a 94 YJ with 4.0 (180HP). I have done the 99+ intake, throttle body spacer, bored throttle body, TJ air tube with K&N, Borla header and exhaust. I love the power but its still not a V8 :D

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
The Rockslut said:
Good job reading. :rolleyes:

throttle body spacer, bored throttle body, :D
Aren't these two mods somewhat redundant. From what I know, which ain't jack, a TB spacer simulates a larger TB. Plus I think you may gain lower end torque by loosing the TB spacer.
Just curious.
I'm running a 62mm on mine and noticed a small boost in acceleration, no TB spacer.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
JeepinDoug said:
Aren't these two mods somewhat redundant. From what I know, which ain't jack, a TB spacer simulates a larger TB. Plus I think you may gain lower end torque by loosing the TB spacer.
Just curious.
I'm running a 62mm on mine and noticed a small boost in acceleration, no TB spacer.
Yeah, i put both on because I had them. I have a stock tb that I may put back on just to see if it makes a difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.