Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a TJ and I want to hop up the motor a little bit and was wondering what mods are good to do. I'm not looking for anything extreme (like a supercharger), just some good bang for the buck mods for a little more power.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Aftermarket air intake tube/air filter

Bored out throttle body

SS exhaust manifold/cat/and cat back

High performance ignition module

Inertia ring for the flywheel

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the inertia ring will rob HP but will keep it runnign at real low rpms and make it harder to stall. but on the street acceleration will be lessened with that ring. IMO it's a good mod.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,091 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
STONEYFLEX said:
I just bought a TJ and I want to hop up the motor a little bit and was wondering what mods are good to do. I'm not looking for anything extreme (like a supercharger), just some good bang for the buck mods for a little more power.
Thanks
K&N filter, exhaust, and GEARS

ignition module= electrical fire :)

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
FatMeats12 said:
Avenger superchargers?
STONEYFLEX said:
I'm not looking for anything extreme (like a supercharger)
Good job reading. :rolleyes:

I have a 94 YJ with 4.0 (180HP). I have done the 99+ intake, throttle body spacer, bored throttle body, TJ air tube with K&N, Borla header and exhaust. I love the power but its still not a V8 :D

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
The Rockslut said:
Good job reading. :rolleyes:

throttle body spacer, bored throttle body, :D
Aren't these two mods somewhat redundant. From what I know, which ain't jack, a TB spacer simulates a larger TB. Plus I think you may gain lower end torque by loosing the TB spacer.
Just curious.
I'm running a 62mm on mine and noticed a small boost in acceleration, no TB spacer.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
JeepinDoug said:
Aren't these two mods somewhat redundant. From what I know, which ain't jack, a TB spacer simulates a larger TB. Plus I think you may gain lower end torque by loosing the TB spacer.
Just curious.
I'm running a 62mm on mine and noticed a small boost in acceleration, no TB spacer.
Yeah, i put both on because I had them. I have a stock tb that I may put back on just to see if it makes a difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts