Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm back at it. Is there a list of mog axle suppliers anywhere? I know Exaxt is in Canada but there was another guy, and I forget his name and info. Any names, numbers, suggestions would be great. I'm in Indiana and I don't mind having to have them shipped.
Thanks ; Steve

·
Registered
199 Posts
greenblaze said:
Okay, I'm back at it. Is there a list of mog axle suppliers anywhere? I know Exaxt is in Canada but there was another guy, and I forget his name and info. Any names, numbers, suggestions would be great. I'm in Indiana and I don't mind having to have them shipped.
Thanks ; Steve

So Steve,I guess you're the guy who stopped by my house today?
I didn't get your name then(pardon my lack of social skills :eek: )
If you're a Bloomfield local stop by on most any weekend,I'm usually in the garage.
Anytime you need to use my lift just come on over...
Once I come up with a trailer to haul the mog we'll be taking it over to Redbird,you should come along.
Before you buy any mog stuff you should go up and see Dr. Dan Johnson in crawfordsville(good excuse to go to Badlands at the same time) for some good Mog advice(he'll try to sell ya a bigazz Mog though,or the Rockmog)

Doug

my mog

Blazer TBI on Mog intake :smokin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the info guys, If I do go with only the axles and not the whole mog, should I go with N.O.S ones or re-build crated or are used ones just fine?
I like saving the money on a used, but dont want to have to rebuild them down the road. Doug, yes I'm 5 miles north of town, I'm on 80 acres if you would like to come out and test your truck, there are some good hills and creeks. Although not a huge place, big enough for a few hours of fun and testing. I'll keep your lift in mind.
Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Dmay,
Tell me more about your fuel injection coversion. Other than runnng better on angles did you notice any horsepower improvements (seat of the pants)?
What did you do for wiring harness, etc.

Cheers,
Doug

·
Registered
199 Posts
greenblaze said:
Thanks for the info guys, If I do go with only the axles and not the whole mog, should I go with N.O.S ones or re-build crated or are used ones just fine?
I like saving the money on a used, but dont want to have to rebuild them down the road. Doug, yes I'm 5 miles north of town, I'm on 80 acres if you would like to come out and test your truck, there are some good hills and creeks. Although not a huge place, big enough for a few hours of fun and testing. I'll keep your lift in mind.
Steve
Hey,I saw a Pinzy in Worthington for sale today as I was coming through,9K though.
I'll likely take ya up on the 80 acre practice site,fair trade for lift access I'd say.
Talked to the guy with the trailer I'm interested in today,gonna go up and look at it next week after work,It sounds major heavy duty,last step in actually getting the Mog to dirt.
We put on some great dirt bike races on 80 acres up around Calvertsville,80 acres is plenty.

Danger Doug said:
Hey Dmay,
Tell me more about your fuel injection coversion. Other than runnng better on angles did you notice any horsepower improvements (seat of the pants)?
What did you do for wiring harness, etc.

Cheers,
Doug
Well,You see,I had a 404 with a crapped out carb,stumble,hesistate,tough to get any sort of consistent running,and that was just to get it in and out of the garage to work on...And I also had an old Blazerette 2.8 sitting in the YARD(full on ******* style except the wheels and tires were still on it and holding air)Blazerette needed a transmission,and was too rusty to fix...after looking at the Chevy for about two years I realized it wasn't going to be fixed,and I'd had the mog for a year and a half and hadn't got it trail ready because I kept having to screw with the carb.So it was only natural to combine the two.
I started to type out what I did but it was becoming way to long,I'll do a write up when I've got more time and when I take some more pics.
It really wasn't to hard.I used my drill press to make the throttle body adaptor and had one small distributor part turned at a machine shop to convert the dist. used the blazer harness,sorted out unnecessary wires
Since I haven't managed to get this thing titled yet(just started trying) I haven't got much driving time,I will say it runs just like it should,starts quickly,accelerates MUCH better than before but I don't know about highway driving yet.
My scan tool reads data just like it was a 89 Blazer,I have good fuel control,it has to trim the mixture back some from the center point of the fuel control range(Block Learn goes to roughly 108,centerpoint is 128)but not more than the system can handle. I'll make the fuel pressure regulator adjustable if need be to correct this.
I am happy as can be with the way it has turned out,We may be doing another one in the future.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
dmay said:
Once I come up with a trailer to haul the mog we'll be taking it over to Redbird,you should come along.
A Mog at Redbird ?! Man, I had enough turning problems with my 100" Rover there...

My buddy told me to bring the Mog next time. I told him they would probably be mad about knocking all the trees over :D

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
i am buying a set of axles from don henry. very knowledgeable, easy to deal with, great reputation. and he wheels a mean-ass fullsize rig on mog axles!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don Henry

Thanks for the reply, How do I get in touch with him, phone, e-mail? is Don Taradon?
Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes I am Don Henry, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks
Don Henry
Taradon Ent.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have bought stuff from don top notch guy, good pieces. He has entertained alot of my questions and i've learned some good info from him

1 - 14 of 14 Posts