Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been through all of the buildups that I could find that include the 404 8 lug conversions and I cant seem to find any up close pics, I am just looking for some better details, I am not sure how to mount my discs, on the outside of the hub, or the inside, so if anyone has some upclose pics of their setup I would appreciate it if you could post them up, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
i think it was "kabooki" on here who had some pretty detailed pics of his 8 lug conversion in his buggy build thread..i have a mog axled buggy in progress in the shop, but the axles came with the 8 lug conversion from the customer and i dont have any close up pics..it in the jeep hardcore section under "project jeepeto"

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! That is super clean 4Mogger, is that Exaxt's Kit? Looks really good, I got weps kit, not as bling, but I am sure that it will function just fine, I also got Kabuki's braces/caliper brackets, should be here any day :D

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Yeah, that's EXAXT's kit. Same as I've got. I still have to do the front axle, so I can take in process, if you like. I'm really happy with their kit. Looking forward to seeing your efforts, tho!

Did you do the Pinion Conversion yet? Pics?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
i think it was "kabooki" on here who had some pretty detailed pics of his 8 lug conversion in his buggy build thread..i have a mog axled buggy in progress in the shop, but the axles came with the 8 lug conversion from the customer and i dont have any close up pics..it in the jeep hardcore section under "project jeepeto"
its Kabuki :flipoff2:

yes i should have lots of pictures in my build thread. my setup is nearly identical to the Weps kit (i believe), if that is what you have.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My centers have been turned down to fit inside 2 inch steel 8lug wheel spacers then welded all around both sides. 7 years of beating and still going. For some reason it uses metric lug pattern with superduty discs, and 4 piston toyota calipers. Id get a pic but its loaded up.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
For sale very soon (used)

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
No I have tires on the rig and wont take them off for a pic right now :D These allow you to use the stock drums on a 8 lug rim. Disk brakes are going on the jeep courtesy of Kabuki. (Thanks!) A big shout out to Wepps as well for pioneering the thrifty disk brake setup (Thanks!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts