·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
WOW. Never thought I would see that.

Sceep you have a pair of Mogs and a Bronco :D dont ya?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Franklin said:
WOW. Never thought I would see that.

Sceep you have a pair of Mogs and a Bronco :D dont ya?
exactly what i was thinking, sceep you should ditch the buggy idea and swap those mogs and some nice tires under the bronco!!

wes

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
:evil:

naw.. im keeping the mog/buggy.

but i dooooo have an extra set of mogs... :evil:

Dad wants to keep the bronco in fairly nice shape, but its not going to happen if he keeps beating it the way he has. I honestly think that if it stays nice long enough for me to get some trails under my buggy, that he will build a buggy too.

as for my bronco, it's stayin tame for the summer, family camping/wheeling trips. The buggy is just for me to go get crazy in. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sceep said:
:evil:

naw.. im keeping the mog/buggy.

but i dooooo have an extra set of mogs... :evil:

Dad wants to keep the bronco in fairly nice shape, but its not going to happen if he keeps beating it the way he has. I honestly think that if it stays nice long enough for me to get some trails under my buggy, that he will build a buggy too.

as for my bronco, it's stayin tame for the summer, family camping/wheeling trips. The buggy is just for me to go get crazy in. :grinpimp:
I'd keep the buggie. I only wheeled mine once so far, but I was already planning an EB body swap and that will probably get hacked to the point of barely looking like an EB. A full size body is just too much in the way, I just like 78/79 broncs. There's no real way mogs are fitting in an EB frame (unless you go hybrid).

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
How does that front coil get back in the lower bucket :confused:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put it in reverse, wait until flex decreases. Break out tool box. Remove bolts, rebolt spring to lower spring plate. Stop wheelin so hard until you fix the problem :D (that was my first run with the mogs and the new front suspension)

·
Registered
11,083 Posts
Nice job! I should just do that instead of 1-ton in my 78!!

Are those axels narrowed? It looks like they have the more offset front diff and rear center diff....

Are you using stock hummer wheels without spacers? It just looks like the 8-lug conversion is adding a lot of width.

Hope you get the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Renegadelogger, what kind of tires are those and where did you get them? Do you like them? They look kind of like Simex tires from Aus.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mieser said:
Nice job! I should just do that instead of 1-ton in my 78!!

Are those axels narrowed? It looks like they have the more offset front diff and rear center diff....

Are you using stock hummer wheels without spacers? It just looks like the 8-lug conversion is adding a lot of width.

Hope you get the bugs worked out.
Thanks!, the front housing has been modded to put the diff where ford front diff's belong. :p No way it would fit otherwise without a foot of lift or more. Rear is totaly stock. Taradon's 8 lug conv. adds 3" per side. It has a lot less bugs than I thought it would, wheels way better than I thought it would too.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I thought for a minute there was a shaft running up the center of the spring? Thanks for the clarification. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hey OX,
I just found this thread. Bronco looks good!
Thanks mad, can't believe that was almost 5 years ago now :eek:

She's up on 44's as of last weekend, have to see how long those portal boxes last.

:p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts