Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone who has guns or ever delved into any google search, you'd know Sheriff Mike Kanalakis has this county as a NO ISSUE :mad3:

There is a new candidate for Sheriff, Fred Garcia.

I left a comment on his Facebook asking what is stance is on CCW in Monterey County.

This is the response I got back:
Tyler:

Thanks for your question on Fred's Facebook page. His stance on CCW is that he would like Monterey County to become a "shall issue" County. What that means is he will adopt guidelines for the issuances of a license - training, background check, etc. - and once those guidelines have been established, anyone who meets them will be issued a license.

I hope this answers your question -

Derrick

Derrick seems to be his ''tech guy'' who answers online questions for Garcia.

So this is GREAT news for anyone who lives in Monterey County.

Candidacy website:

http://www.fredgarciaforsheriff.com/

Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136775071752&ref=ts

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just asked, awaiting his response.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news

Tyler:

Honestly, I have never discussed with him the specifics of his requirements. We will be issuing a statement on his website regarding the issue this week, but until then I know Fred would be happy to speak with you regarding the issue. Feel free to e-mail him at [email protected]

Derrick

PS: This is a very pro-CCW campaign team. I was a member of the Ohio Legislature (before moving to California) and a co-sponsor of our may issue law in 2003. Our firm has done work for Tom McClintock, Ron Paul, and others who share a strong pro-2nd Amendment vision.

Well its nice to hear that, can't wait to see the announcement later this week.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wonder what Miller's take is? I'm interested to see a candidate come from outside of the department.

BTW where's the tech :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder what Miller's take is? I'm interested to see a candidate come from outside of the department.

Who care's he's from Pacific Grove and won't win :mr-t:

Tech will come when I show you a picture of my future pistol and ccw permit :flipoff2:

Here's Fred's statement on the ccw permit:

CONCEAL AND CARRY

MAKING MONTEREY A “SHALL ISSUE” COUNTY

I am committed to making it more accessible for citizens in Monterey County to obtain a conceal-and-carry permit. Under California law, the Sheriff of each County may issue a CCW permit. Unfortunately, Monterey lacks a coherent set of rules by which these issuances will take place. The current Sheriff has issued a meager 62 permits in eight years – equaling roughly 7 permits a year. The process that is in place right now effectively allows the Sheriff to give licenses to political supporters while shunning law abiding citizens who actually need the permit for their protection.

As Sheriff, I will develop a coherent set of requirements for the issuance of a CCW permit. These will include a thorough fingerprint and background check, the demonstration of need (i.e. business owners or someone who handles large sums of money), and the passage of a certified gun safety course. If the applicant meets these requirements, I will issue a permit. By implementing this proposal, I will do what the state has refused to do: I will make Monterey County a “shall issue” County. I recognize that for many, a personal firearm is their first line of defense against a rising tide of violence. I will stop the practice of handing out permits as political favors, and instead work to oversee a Sheriff’s Department that grants a license to all law-abiding citizens who qualify.

http://fredgarciaforsheriff.netboots.net/node/67

All I can say is hell fucking yeah! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Who care's he's from Pacific Grove and won't win :mr-t:

Talk about foot in mouth! :laughing:

Garcia ended up changing his exact reasons to give out ccw's :shaking:

But he ended up losing the race and there was a run off between Kanalakass and Scott Miller....

Miller's stance on the issue:

Personal protection is reason enough for upstanding law-abiding citizens to obtain CCW permits when I'm sheriff. No longer will CCWs be limited largely to the sheriff's cronies and campaign donors. No longer will one need to make up ...a reason like "carrying large sums of money" to justify a request. Personal protection alone will suffice.

Well.....Miller won!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts