Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
made the trip montrose last year and it was great. planed 4 days but got rained out on the second day. we only got to hit death row, die trying, and some of cactus. the mud is no joke there when it rains! we still got more wheeling in on the way back. hit carnage in beuna vista. carnage and indy can be both ran in one day with travel time if you get out early and have your crap togather

·
Registered
225 Posts
i know the mud was bad. We came in at 930 pm and the mud was coming off the tires in softball sized clumps. It rained all night and though the next day, we cut our losses and went for dryer ground.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Old thread, but weighing options for a '19 Labor Day trip, and have identified 6 or 7 nice looking trails in the Montrose area.

If I can make it happen, any local wheelers running the area this Labor Day weekend? Don't know yet if we'll camp or do hotels.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Old thread, but weighing options for a '19 Labor Day trip, and have identified 6 or 7 nice looking trails in the Montrose area.

If I can make it happen, any local wheelers running the area this Labor Day weekend? Don't know yet if we'll camp or do hotels.
I'm in. My nephew will probably be down to go also. My rig doesn't usually have any drama on Die Trying, Cactus, etc. But I tend to stay off of Boulder Canyon and Death Row, because if I break something, I don't really have the time to fix it these days.

If you want to run anything other than Boulder or Death Row, hit me up. Hell, hit me up if you run the others too, I'll wheel to the trail and walk/watch. :D

Edit: I have some buddies in Buena Vista, that I'm trying to get to come over and wheel that weekend too. Similar built rigs as me. 1 tons, 40s, etc.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts