Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete NEW D44 Rear JK axles w/ brackets, Rubicon locker, 4.10s, Disk brakes, complete. $1350. What a deal, maybe too good to be true.

www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=0&plID=354&partID=15587

There has been some talk on other boards, but mostly confusion about "track width" vs. WMS-WMS.

Lets discuss:

Actual WMS width.

Viablility as swap into WJ. (if width works, best bracket options, ABS?, etc.)

They mention YJ's, TJ's, CJ's. Lets talk how to convert to 5-5.5" and 5-4.5"

Looks like a pinion Flange- Any issues changing?

Any other thoughts.

This could be a way for me to dump a 35 in my WJ, regear, and get a locker. I would do this as soon as my 35 begins to howl. OR swap my AMC 20 in my CJ, regear, get a selectable locker, disk brakes, etc. Would be pretty easy to sling under a CJ if bolt pattern can be redrilled.

GO!

·
Registered
116 Posts
A JK-44 front axle would be interesting...

What would it take to make it fit an XJ? What to do to convert it to 5x4.5 or 5x5.5?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
If I was paying money to have a new D44 shipped to my door, I'd want it to bolt in.... and I don't own a JK..... I might feel good about modding a new axle if it wasn't a D44 that you can get with a ford 9 pretty damn cheap.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
the wheel pattern isnt 5 on 5.5 either its 5 on 5 which you'd have to get new wheels for or an adapter for to convert it to 5 on 4.5. Unless you can get one without any brackets it would be a pain in the ass to cut everything off and weld your brackets on besides having to address the wheel pattern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts