Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of things I've been working on. The first couple are from the auto tranny swap in mudmongers rig, so far it's turning out nicely. Just waiting on the OTT t-case to finish it off.

This is the passenger tunnel, widened it using a couple stock sammy jacks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
here's the tranny, 4wd 3sp auto from a kick. There is a tranny crossmember going in there, even though with the kicker3 you really don't need one. It will bolt to the stock location (where the two bolts are hanging down).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a front bumper. This is the way he wanted it, lets the winch sit in a nice cradle. Too low for my taste though. The little tabs are for a tow bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's the cage. It's nothing fancy, goes from front to rear rather than a A hoop like a dave cage. It's just tacked in place for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last one, rear bumper. Again, nothing fancy. Boy, rust forms fast when left outside overnight in the rain :shaking: .

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
that all looks great!!!!!!!! :D

keep the pics coming i need some ideas on bumpers
hopfully i have mine running this weekend and next week i can start on the armor !!!!

have fun ryan

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I did the same thing with the tunnel and used a shifter consel out of a dodge d50. It worked pretty good on my big ole MB tranny.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Nice job on the cage. The bumper looks good too, but I agree with you. Looks like a rock-catcher.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good work on the cage Keith. The rear bumper looks good, did you use a plasma to cut the holes or did you get a RRO make a bumper kit? The front bumper looks ok, but not my style for form and fit on a sammy. Let me know when you guys get the OTT tcase in.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
flexmonger2 said:
Good work on the cage Keith. The rear bumper looks good, did you use a plasma to cut the holes or did you get a RRO make a bumper kit? The front bumper looks ok, but not my style for form and fit on a sammy. Let me know when you guys get the OTT tcase in.
Make a bumper kit....sheesh, give me some credit :shaking:

:flipoff2:

Nope, I made it from scratch, used my torch to cut the holes. Just need to clean it back up and paint it now. I think we will hopefully get the t-case back and work on it next weekend, I'm sure when it's done Aaron will be letting you know to go do some testing.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zuknstien said:
I did the same thing with the tunnel and used a shifter consel out of a dodge d50. It worked pretty good on my big ole MB tranny.
That looks really good, fits right in there!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Cool. :D
I’m going to be looking at an engine/trany swap within the next year. (After I get the cage and interior done/ and after I get the axels/leafs/ bumpers/exc/exc/exc/exc) :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bill4rest said:
Sweet Keith! A couple more and I'll let you put in an auto in mine:D

Good work on the cage too :)
Hopefully I'll get to do a fancier, more elaborate cage here in the near future :D .

Just let me know when you plan on coming up for the tranny swap :p

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's the finished cage. Well, almost finished, it still needs a couple braces welded in the corners...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts