Pirate 4x4 banner

More fab work, cage, bumpers, etc

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  sh996 
#1 ·
Here are a few pics of things I've been working on. The first couple are from the auto tranny swap in mudmongers rig, so far it's turning out nicely. Just waiting on the OTT t-case to finish it off.

This is the passenger tunnel, widened it using a couple stock sammy jacks.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
that all looks great!!!!!!!! :D

keep the pics coming i need some ideas on bumpers
hopfully i have mine running this weekend and next week i can start on the armor !!!!

have fun ryan

#12 ·
Nice job on the cage. The bumper looks good too, but I agree with you. Looks like a rock-catcher.

#14 ·
flexmonger2 said:
Good work on the cage Keith. The rear bumper looks good, did you use a plasma to cut the holes or did you get a RRO make a bumper kit? The front bumper looks ok, but not my style for form and fit on a sammy. Let me know when you guys get the OTT tcase in.
Make a bumper kit....sheesh, give me some credit :shaking:

:flipoff2:

Nope, I made it from scratch, used my torch to cut the holes. Just need to clean it back up and paint it now. I think we will hopefully get the t-case back and work on it next weekend, I'm sure when it's done Aaron will be letting you know to go do some testing.

#24 ·
moto261 said:
looks good where did you get the idea for the bars that run from the floors to the stock bar :flipoff2: looks good though

:massey:
Got that idea from a couple different people, but can't remember their names cause they are losers :flipoff2: . The bends ended up being a little different than you told me, but not by much. Thanks for the help Dan!!

Ernie: It's 1.5" .120 wall hrew.

#25 ·
Rear bumper is awesome. If you ever find time to post the pattern for that baby let me know. I ain't too proud to copy a good piece of work.
Here's to ya :beer:

#26 ·
Bullseye:

No pattern for the bumper, just measured the distance of the rear end (I think it was 54"), it's a 2x4 1/8" thick, cut and angled the corners 4" back and 2" up, then measured the holes for the lights where it looked good. That's it in a nutshell :p . really just test fit it up there and cut the mounting plates based on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.