Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i live up north and the winters are cold and i need more heat i have an 85 runner 22re with rear heat but would like to get more heat outta the front heater (lots more) is there some other heater core that i can swat out- any ideas??

·
Banned
4,587 Posts
Disconnect the hoses from the heater core and flush that thing out. I bet it has a bunch of sediment in it. My 85 4Runner heater will run you out of the truck :D

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
ok i live up north and the winters are cold and i need more heat i have an 85 runner 22re with rear heat but would like to get more heat outta the front heater (lots more) is there some other heater core that i can swat out- any ideas??
seat heaters.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
seat heaters.
For sure! Those kits can be put in any seat and cost around $60 or so a seat, bottom and back!:smokin:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Disconnect the hoses from the heater core and flush that thing out. I bet it has a bunch of sediment in it. My 85 4Runner heater will run you out of the truck :D
My 1st Gen was always the same way too. Hot on the toes and defrosted nicely. Good advice!

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
A little heat at the floor and seat heaters will make a HUGE difference.

2 years ago on our red eye run (15-20 degree temps, run till 3am every night) my rig with only a heater (now this is not an encloded rig) and my buddy shane, who has a heater and seat heaters in his toy with no doors was a ton warmer than me...

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I have done this, flush it out backwards.. the first one I did it to I could not beleive the differance.. I need to do it to my current runner too.. But spring is here so I will put it off till next year..:D

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have done this, flush it out backwards.. the first one I did it to I could not beleive the differance.. I need to do it to my current runner too.. But spring is here so I will put it off till next year..:D
ditto. stuck a hose in one end, flushed it out in less than a minute. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
the garden hose. im thinking theres junk restricting the shut off valve in mine but i havent flushed it yet.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
x10 on the heated seats:D I'm headed to the junk yard this saturday to pick up the heated leather back seat out of a 2001 Cadillac Catera for $25 and fit it to my bench seat frame. But yes, flush out your heater hoses and your core really good. Sometimes that little flow valve gets a lot of crud in it too.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
The heater core is worth taking out to clean it. I got so much more shit out of it from shaking it.
no your saying fill it 1/2 full and drive on a NY road? lol has any one blown it out with a air gun?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
yeah those little spring clips that hold the two halves of the heater together really suck...

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Not in a 84 to 88 it ain't, No fucking way.. that is a pain in the ass job.. And the results from using a hose from under the hood are just fine for most.. On a 79 to 83 it is cake..:D
i took a look under my 86 runner and said hell no. im going to flush that thing and blow the shit out of it with a blow gun this weekend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts