Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off the specs on my project. 90YJ, 4.2motor, serp belt, mopar MPI, no power steering, hp44 front, SOA waggy springs.
Question:
I have an XJ power steering box that I am putting into my YJ. I plan to add a 1.5" ram (tap it in the locations that I have learned about on the board). Can the XJ box recieve the hydro tap treatment just like a YJ box?.
Question2:
I do not currently have power steering, so I am searching for a pump. I am looking for some guidance on which pump to purchase. I have an idler pulley in the location that powersteering should go, and really want to utilize that location. Can any stock jeep pump work for this(hydro), or would an aftermarket pump be required?
Question3:
I checked out Howe and the lakerat online, and just ended up getting more confused about the pump . Can anyone supply a pump that is ready for this application without breaking the bank?

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
I don't know much about what Jeeps came with, that is why you should "call" Matt at West Texas Offroad. He will tell you exactly what you need, and it will be pretty cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts