Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through a bunch of the old threads but I haven't been able to answer my question. I ordered a model 3 last week. I am planning on going hydraulic. I have the foot pedal/air over hydraulic pump already (I may or may not use it). It looks like the set up most of the folks are using is either the harbor freight cylinder or the one from max tools.

I would like to use the hydro mounting kit that JD2 sells where the cylinder threads into a pivot block and the bender effectivly pushes off itself. In their literature it says that the cylinder they sell has a 2 1/4" x 14 thread on the end allowing you to thread it into the pivot block. Do any of the affordable air/hydro cylinders have this thread on them? Every one of the setups I have seen on here using one of these more affordable cylinders has the base of the ram pivoting off of the stand, cart, whatever, that the bender is mounted on.

I know that the price they are asking for that dual action ram that they sell is actually a pretty good price but, I was curious too see what you folks had to say.

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scout Dude said:
Their ram is a std port-a-power type ram that happens to be 14" long. You can get them from numerous places but I couldn't find them any cheaper than what JD wanted for them..so I went with that ram...works great.

Thanks, I'm thinking about just biting the bullet and spending the extra cash to run their RAM.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Ditto.... thought I would "save" some money doing my own hydraulics. Ahem, live and learn. JD2 had the best price on the cylinder (Nike - swedish hydraulic company). Only catch was the THREAD was something really odd. I could make an adapter with my lathe, but it was faster to order the HOSE that goes with the cylinder. Thankfully other end was a common pipe thread.

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
big guy like you doesnt need a hydro pump you puss:flipoff2:

pm johnh, he has his setup with a hydro pump he put together pretty cheap....he bent for me:rainbow:

i just ripped a harbor freight pipe bender in half trying to tweek my .250 wall DOM:eek: thing about took my arm off, maybe hydro isnt such a bad idea...

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Booger Weldz said:
big guy like you doesnt need a hydro pump you puss:flipoff2:

pm johnh, he has his setup with a hydro pump he put together pretty cheap....he bent for me:rainbow:

i just ripped a harbor freight pipe bender in half trying to tweek my .250 wall DOM:eek: thing about took my arm off, maybe hydro isnt such a bad idea...

Your right I don't "need" a hydraulic set up but..... I'm lazy :flipoff2:. Actually, I just want to try and keep the thing semi-portable so that when you bust your junk up... again.... we can bend tube in your driveway and piss your neighbors off instead of mine... :flipoff2:

As far as you and johnh goes... just keep telling yourself that if your on top your not really :rainbow:!

·
Registered
113 Posts
i just biult a clamp for the ram.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts