Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 84 toy with a 22r on propane. It has 4.56 gears and 33' I was thinking of a 20 r head shaved whith 22r valves for 11 to 1 compresion ,as well as a cam header and full new 2.25 exhaust to get a bit more power.

also i was told that i need a ajustable chain gear. do they make such a thing for a 22r motor, is there any thing else i would need to make this work.

So has any one done somthing like this, if so how did it turn out.
or other mods to gain hp with propane thanks.

:)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
11:1??? have
try more like 9:4:1 w/o shaving it - Shave a toy head too much and the timing chain gets too long

Id turbo it and call it good :D :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lighten it 1,000 pounds and its all good.:D I run propane on my 22r and I love it. How do you like your propane set up?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
WTO BA said:
Lighten it 1,000 pounds and its all good.:D I run propane on my 22r and I love it. How do you like your propane set up?
What have you got and how much did it cost? Just trying to figure out the carb and anything like valves or relays to make it function.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey WTO, I tried to email you but no success. I work in Mill Creek / Lynnwood, live in Shoreline. I'm interested in what you have, where you got it, how much it cost. I run a 22R with a Weber Carb in an 86 truck. I talked to a guy in Tacoma previously, he said the conversion would cost around $2500, kinda steep. I think the name of his business was Alternative Fuels. Hopefully you can post some details here for everyone. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will get you the name of the guy that set me up with the stuff when I get home from work. I have $900.00 into the set-up.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I was thinking of raising the C.R. on my propane 22r, but then I started thinking about how it runs vertical with no oil pressure and the timing chain starts rattling. Hmm, maybe I don't want to do expensive engine mods on something I abuse so badly:) Besides, not once have I ever thought " Damn, I could of made that if I just had more power:rolleyes: "

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got my propane set-up through Swift Moble Repair Service in Arlington Washington. Patrick is a really nice guy and had it done in a 1 1/2 days. Give him a call he will take care of you.

Patrick Swift's # (425) 750-3838

1 - 10 of 10 Posts