Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 84 toy with a 22r on propane. It has 4.56 gears and 33' I was thinking of a 20 r head shaved whith 22r valves for 11 to 1 compresion ,as well as a cam header and full new 2.25 exhaust to get a bit more power.

also i was told that i need a ajustable chain gear. do they make such a thing for a 22r motor, is there any thing else i would need to make this work.

So has any one done somthing like this, if so how did it turn out.
or other mods to gain hp with propane thanks.

:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lighten it 1,000 pounds and its all good.:D I run propane on my 22r and I love it. How do you like your propane set up?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey WTO, I tried to email you but no success. I work in Mill Creek / Lynnwood, live in Shoreline. I'm interested in what you have, where you got it, how much it cost. I run a 22R with a Weber Carb in an 86 truck. I talked to a guy in Tacoma previously, he said the conversion would cost around $2500, kinda steep. I think the name of his business was Alternative Fuels. Hopefully you can post some details here for everyone. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will get you the name of the guy that set me up with the stuff when I get home from work. I have $900.00 into the set-up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was thinking of raising the C.R. on my propane 22r, but then I started thinking about how it runs vertical with no oil pressure and the timing chain starts rattling. Hmm, maybe I don't want to do expensive engine mods on something I abuse so badly:) Besides, not once have I ever thought " Damn, I could of made that if I just had more power:rolleyes: "

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got my propane set-up through Swift Moble Repair Service in Arlington Washington. Patrick is a really nice guy and had it done in a 1 1/2 days. Give him a call he will take care of you.

Patrick Swift's # (425) 750-3838

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.