Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy put some rear springs out of an 88 4runner in the front of his truck and the springs are completly flat they lowered the truck from 3" lift spring with stock shakles to rears up front with 2" lift shakles. All we did to them was take out the over load, is this wrong? They are way soft and flex bitchen but the truck is a little low now whats with this:confused:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
rEdNEcKwHeE1eR said:
They are way soft and flex bitchen but the truck is a little low now whats with this:confused:
You said this wasn't a question :flipoff2: :D:D

TECHnically this is a question :flipoff2: :D:D

But yes what booger & 4Crawer said,add a few of your old leafs till your happy.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
northpole85 said:
u could also drop the front hangar a good 2-3 inches and not have a leaf pack that looks like it should be on a earth mover
IIRC the spring rate on the rears is about 130 pounds/inch. So you're gonna have to add some leaves.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
A 2-3" drop ahnger will also likely cause death wobble, with that much change in castor angle. Add leaves, everyone that has done this swap has added leaves.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think thats what he going to do, add some leaves in.

Se not to beat the dead horse but if every simple Question post was like this theyt could fall to the bottom and be accually helpfull to some one searching in sted of 2 pages of "Search Newbie:flipoff:"

·
Registered
986 Posts
we used the top 3 toy rears and the bottom 3 4"yj's (rear pack) and it has about 4" of lift maybe 5" with 2" longer shackles and a stock 84 front hanger, it flexes good way better than just the 4" yjs, but we havn't fully flexed it yet since my buddies truck needs some (minor) ;) finishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts