Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before stating before that I put a spoa on my 87 sammi and I was having problems with the front springs dearcing. Well my solution to this was to put a set of rear springs in the front and flip the overload spring. The problem I am having now is the stock shackles are so far forward the spring is bottomed out against the bottom of the truck and I have no idea how to stop it. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Missing links require you to take off your front bumper though... so you might think about where to mount turning lights and stuff... but missing links can add up to 10" of excursion in the process.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Bass Man said:
Missing links require you to take off your front bumper though... so you might think about where to mount turning lights and stuff... but missing links can add up to 10" of excursion in the process.
:confused:

I didn't have to remove my front bumper when I ran them 7 years ago....

Rocky Road also sells them...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
oh... Damn sorry, we had a custom bumper that mounted to the chassis (Where the missing link goes now) and thats probably why i didnt notice a bumper space...

·
Registered
10 Posts
So running rear springs up front and in the rear is RR or TT have better missing links for front and rear and is it worth the extra $ to go ahead and do the yj on rear? basic question...who has the better links for stock springs?
thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not redrilled the rear mounts. Will it make much of a diffrence?

·
Registered
140 Posts
yes you need to move the spring eye by your feet, get some steel plate and move the spring eye bolt hole back about 2.5 inches and down about an inch so it will raise the rig up a little to get your steering back to stock, steel plate could be 3/16 or 1/4 inch thick dril a couple of small holes in them to bolt to the stock mounts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts