Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
RIP to those defenseless British subjects.
I hope the stories I heard of unarmed police running from the scene aren't true.
I work for a British Colonel and we discuss "gun control" from time to time. Let's just say that we agree to disagree. Apparently the UK has a total of 5000 armed police for the entire country. He feels that is sufficient enough to protect key areas and institutions.

Assuming it takes 5 shifts to man a 24/7 operation, you effectively have only about 1000 armed personnel in the country at any point in time.

Pretty pathetic by any standard. I much prefer to live in a country where millions are concealed carry holders.

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
Apparently the UK has a total of 5000 armed police for the entire country.
I question that. A nation of 65 million and 5K armed cops ? Are there 25,000 more unarmed cops ? That's one gun/badge for every 13,000 people. We have around 330 million and 650,000+ armed full time LEO. Not counting thousands of other "law" people. One for every 500 peeps pulls.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
hopefully the moments of silence, hashtags, and concerts keep thwarting more attacks.
This. I hear on the local news shit like "we're holding a candlelight vigil in DC tonight for the victims of the attacks in London". What the fuck, what the hell is that doing for anyone? Even having shit to raise money, how does that help a family that already had their world torn apart because the govt refused to act to prevent this crap?

I also hear how much the attackers already had criminal records, were cast out by Mosques, and were already in the eye of the intel community for ties to extremism. Why the fuck don't they deport or imprison these assholes? Sorry man, its not racist or whatever to jail someone based on a ton of intel that says these guys are terrorists in the making.

·
Premium Member
69,483 Posts
I question that. A nation of 65 million and 5K armed cops ? Are there 25,000 more unarmed cops ?
I dunno about now, but 5-6 years ago, probably yes.

Most cops in the UK were unarmed then. Same with most of Europe.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I question that. A nation of 65 million and 5K armed cops ? Are there 25,000 more unarmed cops ? That's one gun/badge for every 13,000 people. We have around 330 million and 650,000+ armed full time LEO. Not counting thousands of other "law" people. One for every 500 peeps pulls.
Less than 1 in 10 law enforcement officers in the UK is allowed to carry or use a gun.

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
Looks like an American was one of the victims of the police!
London Bridge Attack: American Hit in Head by Police Bullet, Witness Says - NBC News

LONDON — An American bystander was struck in the head by a stray bullet fired as police killed the London Bridge terrorists, an eyewitness told NBC News.

Authorities said the wounded civilian was expected to survive. Police have not revealed any details about the individual who was accidentally hit in the hail of 50 bullets that ended Saturday night's van-and-knife rampage.
Image: Wheatsheaf Pub
The Wheatsheaf pub in London's Borough Market. Google Earth

Fabio Lamas, who works at a pub in Borough Market, described seeing "three guys who were carrying knives and ... wearing body armor" before officers arrived at the scene.

"I got people to start evacuating inside from our little garden that we have ... and got people to come into the bar and to go into toilets, hide under tables and hide in our cellar where we keep all our stock," the 20-year-old recalled. "Then I heard shooting and I saw an American guy get shot in the head."

Lamas said the man hit by the bullet was standing near a window inside the Wheatsheaf pub. At least one of the attackers was fatally shot outside of the venue

Fabio Lamas, who works at a pub in Borough Market, described seeing "three guys who were carrying knives and ... wearing body armor" before officers arrived at the scene.

"I got people to start evacuating inside from our little garden that we have ... and got people to come into the bar and to go into toilets, hide under tables and hide in our cellar where we keep all our stock," the 20-year-old recalled. "Then I heard shooting and I saw an American guy get shot in the head."

Lamas said the man hit by the bullet was standing near a window inside the Wheatsheaf pub. At least one of the attackers was fatally shot outside of the venue.
Image: London Bridge attacker
One of the London Bridge terrorists who was shot and killed by police outside of the Wheatsheaf pub on Saturday night. The attackers were all wearing fake explosive vests, officials said. Gabriele Sciotto / EPA

According to Lamas, the victim was with two friends who said they were American doctors living in London.

He said they told him they were from either New Jersey or New York. The U.S. Embassy would not comment on whether an American had been shot.

The victim was conscious but his friends were in shock, the bar workers said.

"He was bleeding through his eye," Lamas recalled. "I went to get the first-aid kit and I started speaking to his friends and to try and calm them down."

Before the shots were fired, he heard someone shout "knives, knives, knives." A beer barrel was used to block the door from the inside, and staff locked the doors and gates.

·
Premium Member
108,054 Posts
5647 to be exact. 2168 in the London metro area.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/police-use-of-firearms-statistics-england-and-wales-financial-year-ending-31-march-2015-data-tables

·
Mall Rated
6,256 Posts
At this point, I guess it's fair to say that the wolves realize they are free to run amok in the henhouse, and the farmer has no way of stopping them (or even understanding how to begin)?

:shaking:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Not quite. Cops in Ireland, Norway and Iceland don't routinely carry guns .
And that makes it better? You guys are fucked.
There is no significant force I can see up your sleeves that you are willing to deploy to stop these attacks. At least the French are deploying cops with AK assault weapons in Paris.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/01/paris-police-armed-assault-rifles-november-terror-attacks

Go ahead and continue to enjoy your attacks while I bask in the land of "a gun behind every blade of grass" content in the fact that I am responsible for my own safety.

·
Wut?
14,914 Posts
About time we all start to play cowboys and muzzies

61 - 80 of 96 Posts