Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy finally got himself a real rock crawler. So I am no longer the only rock crawler in Yuma. Here are some pics from our Labor day weekend wheeling.

His new Toy

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My beater

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to squeze through this narrow passage

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but then slipped of the rock OUCH!

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Josh's new Toy made it through with minimal scrapage of the exocage with some spotting

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't let it beat me so I made it through the second try.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More pics later

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Looks good. You need sliders! Theres a dude round here that'll make um for under $120 if you dont wanna do it yourself.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I was in Yuma in MArch and April with my black TJ on daynatrac 60's.. I went wheeling with several of the locals.. so.. no, you aren't the only rock crawler in Yuma.
The bomb range has some truckhaven type stuff in it thats a lot of fun...

·
Registered
9 Posts
elusiv said:
I was in Yuma in MArch and April with my black TJ on daynatrac 60's.. I went wheeling with several of the locals.. so.. no, you aren't the only rock crawler in Yuma.
The bomb range has some truckhaven type stuff in it thats a lot of fun...
I was there in the white 4runner and Shawn's EB wasn't finished yet. He was there though spotting me. Now I have that pimpin yellow toyota pickup. The guy in the Exploder is gone and we haven't really seen anyone else that would come with us. I remeber your hydro steering was messing up that day. Your rig was badass though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kalrock said:
I was there in the white 4runner and Shawn's EB wasn't finished yet..

Its SEAN

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Korrupted said:
You need to come to our side of the state and do some real rock crawlin :flipoff2:
Ya I'd love to get up there. I'm in the planing stages of a trip up to the Phoenix area with my bronco. I don't know if I would go deaf driving it with no OD and 5.43's. I might have to save up for a Uhaul or something. It would be nice if I could hook up with someone that knows the trails up there.

·
5,599 Posts
manteca said:
but then slipped of the rock OUCH!
You could take out another bolt on your a-pillar mount to loose some weight on your cage.. :flipoff2: get that fixed....

What kinda land is around there? BLM? Do you need permits? Is it mostly private land?

Id like to do some wheeling at Yuma this winter, hit the dunes and some rocks. Trailer in some of us tucson-Phoenix guys, it would be loads of fun!

·
Registered
462 Posts
manteca said:
Ya I'd love to get up there. I'm in the planing stages of a trip up to the Phoenix area with my bronco. I don't know if I would go deaf driving it with no OD and 5.43's. I might have to save up for a Uhaul or something. It would be nice if I could hook up with someone that knows the trails up there.
Well, we will be here when you are ready :D

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
el ranger loco said:
Looks good. You need sliders! Theres a dude round here that'll make um for under $120 if you dont wanna do it yourself.
My friend in Mesa can make you some. $120 for single and $240 for duals. .120 wall 1.75" HREW tube. Give him a call: Dave 480-688-7602

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ashmanjeepXJ said:
What kinda land is around there? BLM? Do you need permits? Is it mostly private land? !
To be honest I dont even know for sure. There is a railroad that goes right near there. So its either state land for the railroad or BLM. I know its not private.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
manteca said:
To be honest I dont even know for sure. There is a railroad that goes right near there. So its either state land for the railroad or BLM. I know its not private.
Railroad rightaway is private property.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
85runnerAZ said:
My friend in Mesa can make you some. $120 for single and $240 for duals. .120 wall 1.75" HREW tube. Give him a call: Dave 480-688-7602
Ya I'm working on some sliders. I'm just poor. I'm going to make some out of some square tube that will completly replace my rockerpanels.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts